Certification Engineer Internship
Panasonic Avionics Corporation – Irvine, CA
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is seeking motivated Simulation Analyst Intern to join our growing Engineering team in our Irvine, CA office. This paid internship will start in June and continue through August 2023 with an opportunity to potentially continue through the school year. Summer Internship position on In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems by experiencing practical applications on the theories and equations from heat transfer, fluid, and thermal dynamic classes.
How you will spend your summer:
· Generate Flammability Test Plans, Structural Test Plan, Qualification Plan, and establishing Qualification Basis.
· Interface and discuss and with senior certification engineer on Flammability Test Plans/Procedure, Structural Test Plan/Procedure, Qualification Plan, and establishing Qualification Basis.
· Work with various engineering groups – Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electro-Magnetic Interference to help evaluate selection of new materials for Line Replacement Units (LRU) and Commodities that are compliant with FAA, EASA, and OEM flammability, smoke and toxicity requirement, structural substantiation, and qualification plan
· Follow through all related documentation through change request
· Support completion of qualification tests in a timely manner.
· Support to release qualification reports as well as substantiation documentation within established work instructions and processes.
· Learn to perform pre-qualification (engineering tests) to identify failures during product development and provide technical solutions to problems
· Coordinate ordering of parts, materials and vendor relations with Procurement, Mechanical Engineering, and Manufacturing
· Report progress on Design and Development schedules and assigned tasks working with the senior engineer.
· Work with senior certification engineer on technical approach, qualification plan, and priority.
What you bring to the internship:
- Ability to study and understand detailed mechanical drawings and exploded views.
- Ability to multi-task between projects.
- Familiar with Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier certification and Airworthiness requirements pertaining to Flammability, Smoke and Toxicity, Structural Test Plan, Qualification Plan, and establishing Qualification Basis is a PLUS.
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, take verbal as well as written instructions and communicate instructions as needed.
- Preferred Junior level standing
- Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil engineering, Physics, and Materials Science majors preferred
Who we are:
For 40 years, Panasonic Avionics has strengthened the connection between the world’s airlines and their passengers. We are recognized globally for our experience and leadership in product innovation and customization, system reliability, and customer care.
We collaborate with over 300 airline customers to develop inflight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that are designed to meet their unique fleet, brand, operations, and business requirements, based on state-of-the-art technology, connectivity, and industry know-how. Every year, more than 2.7 billion passengers enjoy an amazing entertainment experience flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
Visit us at www.panasonic.aero to learn more!
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.