Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Join a dynamic engineering team developing the next generation of In-Flight Entertainment and Communication (IFEC) systems. You will be responsible for helping to develop new IFEC products. As part of this job, you will be responsible for the requirement review and testing of new products, as well as proving the product is safe.”
Experienced in certification and qualification of In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems by managing certification related issues with various other departments. Experienced in preparing/providing technical documentation and coordinating/conducting various types of testing.
- Generate Flammability Test Plans, Structural Test Plan, Qualification Plan, and establishing Qualification Basis for various OEMs (Airframe manufactures) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as well as European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
- Interface and discuss FAA, EASA, and OEMs to obtain approval on Flammability Test Plans/Procedure, Structural Test Plan/Procedure, Qualification Plan, and establishing Qualification Basis.
- Work with various engineering groups – Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electro-Magnetic Interference to help evaluate selection of new materials for Line Replacement Units (LRU) and Commodities that are compliant with FAA, EASA, and OEM flammability, smoke and toxicity requirement, structural substantiation, and qualification plan
- Ensure all related documentation [drawings, test plans, Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs), Enterprise Change Order (ECO), and Notice of Change (NOCs)] are technically accurate and consistent before release.
- Responsible for the successful completion of qualification tests in a timely manner.
- Review and support for technical correctness, accuracy, and release of qualification reports as well as substantiation documentation.
- Ensure technical correctness, accuracy, documentation and release qualification reports as well as substantiation documentation.
- Collaborate with test engineer/technicians to define the test setup and perform vibration tests, environmental test, flammability test, smoke/leak/cooling tests, and structural tests.
- Coordinate the selection and ordering of parts, materials and vendor relations with Procurement, Mechanical Engineering, and Manufacturing
- Update Design and Development schedules and assigned tasks working with Project Managers, Team Leaders, and Engineering Managers.
- Provide recommendations on technical approach & qualification plan.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, System
- Engineering, Civil engineering, Physics, Materials Science or equivalent degree. Masters preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience in certification process.
- In-Flight Entertainment or aviation-related experience preferred.
- Ability to perform pre-qualification (engineering tests) to identify failures during product development and provide technical solutions to problems.
- Ability to multi-task between developing projects and sustaining projects.
- Ability to study and understand detailed mechanical drawings and exploded views.
- Must thoroughly understand with Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier certification and Airworthiness requirements pertaining to Flammability, Smoke and Toxicity, Structural Test Plan, Qualification Plan, and establishing Qualification Basis.
- Must understand with DO-160 and FAR 25, specifically for compliance to 14 CFR 25.1309, 25.1353, 25.853, 25.855 & 25.859.
- Analyze problems using conventional (analysis or similarity) and computerized techniques.
- Ability to develop and implement test methods and procedures.
- Ability to integrate information from more than one discipline (ME, EE, & EMI) to achieve results or successfully complete difficult and challenging assignments within a specialized field.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior internal personnel.
- Good technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to internal customers
- Ability to travel to Japan and other domestic and international locations approximately 5% of the time.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.