Cell and Process Engineering Manager
The Cell and Process Engineering Manager is responsible for bringing alignment, ownership, and focus to the Engineering Department. The Manager should have a proven track record of strong people management, process engineering, and technical leadership. Additionally, the Manager will lead a team to introduce new battery model changes, new materials, and process improvement for specific process areas.
- Directly supervises 10-30 employees in the Engineering Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead the team to introduce new battery model changes, new materials, spec evaluation, and process improvement.
- Establish systems and standards to promote sustainability and growth in technical, organizational, and people development areas.
- Responsible for participating in and overseeing others engaged in material introduction, experimentation, and process improvement to carry out battery manufacturing processes on commercial scale.
- Lead the team to develop advanced measurement and control systems to continuously improve OEE of battery manufacturing, quality, and reliability of the battery product.
- Perform FMEA, FTA, DRBFM, and risk analysis for projects and process issues.
- Responsible for overseeing and allocating budget, personnel resources to deliver program targets.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Preferred: M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years of engineering experience in areas such as manufacturing, product development, design, or other area.
- Evidence of exceptional ability. Panasonic follows a culture of full-cycle engineering where members will have full responsibility and accountability for their projects from start to finish. We are looking for the best of the best.
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities. Able to influence others to move towards a common goal.
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness are required.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate servant leadership to build a high-performing and overachieving team.
- Passionate about developing people and leaders and promoting career development.
- Be very technical and demonstrate the ability to show in-depth understanding of the company business, battery making process, and products.
- Must be data-driven and result-driven.
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Experience with battery manufacturing and high-speed robotic assembly process preferred.
- Previous experience with Industrial data analysis or Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Experience managing large dynamic teams (10+ people).
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (1M+ units per day) such as batteries or electronic devices.
- Strong knowledge on six sigma methodologies and lean manufacturing.
- Experience with statistical process control and design of experiments.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups.
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude).
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.