Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Are you tech savvy and a master negotiator? Our ideal candidate will contribute with passion and proven technical expertise to establish and manage vendors. Further, the candidate will execute timely procurement of services, parts etc. to ensure successful production operations.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Part of a team that works with SCM manages the sourcing, purchasing and delivery plan of raw materials and supplies at the most favorable cost and at terms consistent with providing superior service to customers via MRP analysis and reports.
- Responsible for daily communication with the receiving team and confirmation of materials arriving. Also, responsible for handoff of materials to the team member expecting materials.
- Work with Manufacturing Management and Production Engineering to establish specifications and procurement needs to ensure successful operations.
- Identify and select vendors to procure materials and/or equipment etc. to meet criteria of price, quality, quantity, availability, and delivery dates and place orders
- Perform accurate and timely execution of incoming requests while maintaining high Quality and Customer Service standards
- Provide suggestions to improve supply chain, solve shortage issue and strengthen supplier relationships
- Analyze departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information. Contact department or initiator to clarify and complete information. Determine method needed to process requisition
- Work with QC and battery engineering to verify new supplier’s quality and materials
- Monitor and maintain records regarding pricing and ordering of materials
- Control MOQ (minimum order quantity), freight and handling costs
- Monitor, analyze and report actual material cost and future material cost against business plan
- Assist in all the other purchasing/planning department duties as requires
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- 1-5 years of equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MRP a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office with strong EXCEL skills.
- Data analysis experience.
- Operate as a collaborative team member and function with minimum supervision
- Thrive in demanding, deadline driven culture
- Ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail ad prioritize/manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 35lbs or more regularly.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.