Partner with cross-functional teams (which often include business stakeholders, IT staff, project managers, Data Engineers, solution architects, and Report developers) to analyze business objectives, understand transactional business processes, understand the problem, define it, narrow its scope, and then specify the requirements for a solution by creating Business and Functional requirement documents.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Liaison between cross functional business teams and data analytics team for all data projects from Initiation to delivery
- Provides effective communication to business teams on behalf of the Data Analytics team.
- Partner with key business team members to analyze business objectives, understand transactional business processes, direct data issues, define reporting needs.
- Lead requirement gathering sessions with users and develop detailed Business Requirement Documents and Functional Design Specifications and other detailed enhancement documentation.
- Perform deep data exploration on various data systems as part of the discovery sessions to assess the feasibility of business requirements and to find out the data exceptions/issues, then coordinate with business teams to find the solution by solving the issues or by providing the alternative solution.
- Synthesize complex and contradictory information into accurate, concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail.
- Collaborate with Business and IT partners to gather, define and prioritize reporting needs in the Business Intelligence area based on business strategic and operational goals.
- Should be able to see the big picture from the requirement and relate/analyze the potential other uses of the solution at organization level.
- Provide production support of all data, analytics, and reporting.
- May direct tactical delivery through the BI developers to assure all requirements and design specifications are met.
- Create and execute internal testing plans based on business requirements before sending the solution for UAT.
- Coordination with Business users to get a sign-off on the delivered solution by assisting them through UAT and by providing the training.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements either in existing designs or by using new data sources / data assets and functionalities available. Drive consistency, quality improvements and enhancements throughout the data, analytics, and reporting area.
- Assist the technical team to design/build the technical solution.
- Take primary ownership for written business requirements, design and technical specifications, from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery.
- Support BI tool experts and developers in development and ensure that the solution is built according to specifications.
- Take direction from Project Management regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs.
- Four Year college degree with 4 Years of related experience or at least Six (6) years of related experience.
- Experience includes 3 years in business operations in various functional areas like Supply Chain, Purchasing, Warehouse & Inventory management, Material planning. And 3 years in IT Business analyst role focused on data for business intelligence, data analytics and/or data warehouse.
- Extensive knowledge of business processes in various functional areas required.
- Experience working with various ERP systems and great understanding of integration of various functional modules of ERP systems required. Strong knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Business Intelligence applications and full project lifecycle experience on multiple projects deployed using one of the leading BI products is required.
- Demonstrated ability to originate and author convincing analytical data, often combining disparate data sets (e.g., forecasts, schedules, EDI, ASNs, Inventory, etc) to persuade, influence and negotiate solutions to challenging problems.
- Strong data exploration skills on the ERP applications, data repositories required.
- Strong experience in data analysis using SQL required.
- Should be able to communicate and coordinate with various levels of the business users.
- Demonstrable experience in understanding, translating and presenting the BI reports to various user groups.
- Strong communication and business skills to coordinate with various level of the business users
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows based databases.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.