Business Process Engineer
The Business Process Engineer defines, implements, and maintains business processes and procedures for material flow and data flow into systems to meet business objectives. In this role, the individual is expected to analyze and identify opportunities for business process improvements to ensure the business logic process matches system logic and operation logic or processes related to manufacturing systems. The Engineer is expected to learn processes rapidly in a high-speed and high-volume manufacturing setting while working across multiple projects, teams, and business units to design and create optimal processes and procedures.
- Define, implement, and maintain business processes and procedures for material flow and data flow into systems to meet business objectives
- Analyze and identify opportunities for business process improvements
- Develop initiatives for continuous business process improvements
- Work with other process engineers or industrial engineers to integrate new and existing business processes
- Objectively develop and maintain best practices to meet changing business needs with a focus on people, process & technology
- Implement future state changes and be mindful of dependencies
- Use best practices to carry out business process analysis, re-engineering, process measurements and change management activities
- Work with stakeholders to identify business requirements, processes, and risks
- Evaluate current business processes and recommend solutions for improvements
- Facilitate pain-point discussions to gain clarity such as process gaps and inefficiencies
- Build and evaluate financial models for cost estimation, cash flow and cost reduction
- Prioritize and execute projects for ongoing business improvements
- Provide technical advice on processing technology, capability, risks, and costs
- Test for their effectiveness of the implemented business process changes
- Be compliant with customer and company proposed standard
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Information technology, or related field
- Preferred: Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in Semi-Conductor field
- Experience in working with manufacturing systems such as MES, MOM, SAP, PLM, and PDM
- Hands-on experience in the application of business process analysis tools including but not limited to current state processes analysis, current state performance and metrics, issue identification, root cause analysis, business case development, cost benefit analysis, future state design, roles and responsibilities, metrics, process control and management
- Plan and deploy business process initiatives
- Must be able to apply business process principles to business solutions
- Ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies
- Assimilate and correlate disconnected business information, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization
- Develop metrics, collects data, analyze data to identify cause, measures performance against process requirements
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Collaborate and work effectively at all levels of an organization and influence others to move toward consensus
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification is strongly preferred
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit
that includes a respirator.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a largescale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction. Panasonic Energy of North America does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.