Panasonic Canada Inc.
For over 100 years, Panasonic has been committed to enhancing the well-being of people, communities, and society. Our technologies and solutions have been developed with one aim in mind: to enrich our lives and make life better – simpler, healthier, safer, more enjoyable, and more sustainable. Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI) is a leading technology provider to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company leverages its strengths in Living Spaces, Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide lifestyle solutions to consumers as well as secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B and B2G customers. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022. Come join our journey.
What Panasonic Canada Inc. Offers
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage with a Health Spending Account
· Panasonic Retirement Pension Plan (RPP/DCPP)
· Group Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
· Generous Parental Leave Top Up
· Education Assistance Program/ Tuition Reimbursement
· Employee Purchase Program
· Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
· Competitive Rates on Home and Auto Insurance
· Employee Volunteer Program – Paid Time Off for Volunteer Days
Panasonic Canada Inc. Hybrid Work Model
Panasonic Canada Inc. supports a hybrid work model. We understand that flexibility is essential for employees to do their best work while also balancing personal and life needs. Employees can expect to be in the office for a variable number of days per week based on the needs of the business unit, while having the ability to also work remote.
Panasonic Canada Inc. offers a Flexible Work Options policy which includes the ability to work remote, mobile, and create a compressed work schedule.
Business Manager Professional Imaging:
Develops new business opportunities, identify new vertical markets and specific end user prospects. Develops and maintains channel partnerships on major account development. Keeps current on existing and new product offerings, industry developments and competitive products and on customer requirements. Liaises with sales and marketing departments ensuring current new products introductions are consistent with competition. Plans, organizes, and conducts of major vertical focused trade show and open house events. Reports regularly to management on status of new business development opportunities and provides required reports.
Please note this is a full-time opportunity.
- Develops, and implements business development strategies for assigned vertical markets including, but not limited to broadcasters, cinematographers, and rental companies. Prepares and contributes to the collaboration on large complex bids.
- Provides pre-sales support to the account managers for the ProAV category including support with dealer/end user calls, product information and specification. Provides sales reports outlining account development ideas, and objectives, status of implemented strategies, and the development of new prospect accounts as required.
- Attends Team meetings discussing new prospects and new vertical markets. Keeps up to date with market, and technology trends, new product offerings, industry developments and competitive products and on customer requirements. Explores new business opportunities with major end user accounts on behalf of and in conjunction with current account managers.
- Designs and on approval implement national and regional sales and support programs for major account with channel partners. Nurtures partnerships within PCI sales organization and through dealers to ensure collaborative transfer of sales leads, technical knowledge/information, and any other elements to ensure profitable sales growth.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts major vertical focused trade shows, webinars, virtual and open house events. Plans agendas, prepares attendee lists, demonstrates products, prepares required presentations, and organizes with required stakeholders i.e., brand management.
- Ensures the communication of the message to target markets such as end users, consultants, and engineers. Analyses attendance and other factors to determine show effectiveness and makes continuous improvements. Provides feedback to organizers, participants, and management as required.
- Manages and communicates dealer/distribution marketing programs (registration, SPIFF and VIR program) to maximize sales and exposure of Panasonic Professional Imaging solutions. Communicates with dealers/distributors regarding marketing related issues. Implements approved marketing plans and programs including communication to internal departments, sales force, dealers and distributors and end users.
- Reviews inventory levels, pricing, operating margins on a regular basis. Reviews backorders minimum once a week. Reviews costing for assigned products and compares to ongoing business plan objectives. Requests product availability from factory, other Panasonic companies and other stakeholders to fill (potential) backorders.
- Communicates issues to management. Maintains a detailed tracking and reconciliation database and reviews products marketed within budgeted objectives to maximize profit and sales volume. Participates in factory price negotiations and recommends pricing structures based on sales channel. Requests special pricing support from factory and other stakeholders. Communicates closely with sales administration and other internal stakeholders to resolve any issues (backorders, order flow, pricing issues...etc.).
- Researches and analyzes market trends and conditions affecting assigned products such as economic and demographic trends, marketing and sales strategies, competitor information, dealer profiles, existing PCI sales coverage, market size and penetration, marketing practices and sales trends then reports findings to management.
- Proposes marketing and sales strategies to management to maximize sales and Panasonic exposure. Research competitor information including product information and pricing.
- Researches and analyzes best marketing practices and sales trends and reports findings to management. Recommends marketing and cost proposals for senior management approval. Liaises regularly with factories regarding pricing, and product information.
- Participates in the preparation of funnel reports and sales forecasts, communicates regularly with management on status of opportunities, provides relevant reports as required.
- Tracks sales, and targets in relation to the business plan to ensure objectives are met. Contributes to, and supports the purchase, sales, and inventory process. Follows up with leads to ensure that required results are achieved.
- Conduct business transactions in a manner that upholds the ethical standards of PCI and ensure compliance with competition legislation.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- University or College degree in Business or Marketing with 7 years’ experience. An acceptable equivalent would be lesser formal education with more business experience.
- A minimum of 5 years in the Professional Imaging Electronics industry is also required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, and email.
- SAP knowledge an asset.
- Requires the ability to solve moderately complex business and technical networking problems common to the industry in which detailed product, industry, and customer knowledge are required to resolve issues.
- Significant and complex problem solving involves managing accounts to maximize sales, making business plan recommendations. Analysis of market conditions, and product requirements required.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with customers. Influences and negotiates to close business and negotiate pricing in a mutually rewarding manner.
- Negotiates to settle complex business issues, and communicates resolutions to management. Influences to develop accounts and maximize business, increase market share, and positioning for assigned product lines.
- Develops rapport to give support, impart product knowledge, and resolve daily issues. Communicates extensive technical information to factory representatives, end users, technical and non-technical audiences.
- Establish rapport with team members to effectively solve problems and solicit opinions.
- Cold calling experience would be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Please include a PDF copy of your current resume.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Panasonic Canada Inc.
In order to drive our business to continued heights, our business practices and our contribution to society must be rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We foster an environment in which everyone is able to share their voice and talents, in a safe space, where they have the opportunity and resources to fully realize their potential. We are therefore committed to developing and realizing programs, tools and processes that ensure a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees
Panasonic Canada Inc. has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for
job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working for Panasonic Canada Inc.