Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
We are building a 3PL Over the Road Brokerage for Panasonic Logistics Solutions and we are looking to expand by adding a 3PL Business Development Representative to our team. The 3PL Business Development Representative’s primary function is to assist in developing external business. The position includes building new and existing customer relationships, sourcing leads through personal relationships, customer research and utilization of lead generation tools in the marketplace to secure business. It also includes establishing and maintaining professional relationships with assigned clients on behalf of the company by taking personal and complete responsibility and ownership for each client contact. The employee must have competence in the transportation industry, marketplace, and general logistics operations. The position requires excellent understanding of the transportation and trucking industry along with a high level of technology skills as well as tact, sensitivity, professionalism and enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers in our 3PL Division.
- Lead effective negotiations by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of customer information and sales activity in Panasonic CRM.
- Collaborate with Operations to meet the needs of each customer.
- Develop a strategy that consistently increases sales pipeline, won and lost and realization performance.
- Learn and leverage inside selling tools, technology and processes to deliver results.
- Facilitate the end to end sales process from prospecting to closing business, including adding new business and building additional business with current customers.
- Relay market needs and requirements back to Panasonic Leadership, including Marketing, Field Operations and Sales Operations.
- This position will be a hybrid role with 2 days per week in the office and 3 days out of the office.
- In the office schedule will include planning out strategy for upcoming week’s customer visits on Friday and discussion of the outcome of the previous week’s visits on Monday. Tuesday through Thursday will be out of the office days soliciting services to potential customers.
- Office location is in Keller, TX.
- Lead the development and management of strategies through face to face interaction and on site visits to grow market share in our 3PL Brokerage Division.
- Ensure all administrative requirements are managed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate and support the network to ensure excellent customer experience and overall growth.
- Collaborate with sales representatives to come up with the best approaches for quoting a customer or handling a project, move, or problem.
- Ensure that the pricing and purchasing discipline is developed and exercised.
- Develop and monitor sales, margins, and profit projections, results, trends closely.
- Communicate with management and staff on needs, strategies, and critical information.
- Work corroboratively with station management and sales personnel in the development of pricing structures, quoting and procedures focused on obtaining and retaining customers.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Flexible work hours in excess of regular work hours may be required in order to meet business needs.
What You'll Bring:
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to actively listen and to respond to questions with complete and accurate answers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- 5 years of combined experience in sales, Third Party Logistics, 3PL, LTL, project management and, or Logistics.
- A valid driver License.
- Availability to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to reach or exceed sales goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of general business practices related to sales.
- Ability to communicate and provide great customer service.
- Being able to work independently and part of a team.
- Knowledge of local and international carriers and routes.
- Able to cope under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Great organizational skills.
- Outgoing and forward thinking mindset.
- Ability to learn, navigate and work efficiently using Excel, Microsoft, WMS, TMS software.
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $75K-$80K is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!