Panasonic – Business Development Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This role will specialize in the Public Sector space. Public Sector is generally comprised of the Fire, EMS and Police sub verticals. The BDM will serve as a strong collaborative leader who will be responsible for identifying, onboarding and managing 3rd party partnerships to enhance Panasonic’s offering to the Public Sector verticals. The role will be vertically aligned with the Panasonic Public Sector sales team and leadership to drive incremental pipeline growth and revenue attainment.
Market and Solutions Development:
- Develop and implement a strategic business plan in alignment with the Public Sector sales leadership to effectively support and grow Panasonic’s market share.
- Understand the IT Landscape and trends in the Public Sector market in order to identify, develop and market new solutions in order to drive revenue in the current fiscal year as well as help the sales teams grow their long-term pipeline.
- Collaborate with ISV, Integrator, Product Management, Services to identify, evaluate, recruit, build and capitalize upon appropriate partnerships with strategic partners and solution providers.
- Work with industry customers and sales team members to identify, prioritize, and build business cases for new product and/or feature development.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Serve as the subject matter expert within the Public Sector vertical and interface as such with the different stakeholders within the organization. Including sales, marketing, product management, engineering and factory.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate key market news, customer data, product trends, and competitive information in order to educate and provide market readiness to the Public Sector sales team and its channel partners.
- Serve as the voice of PSSNA for Public Sector in public relations and media opportunities to build market awareness
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Individual comes with a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in the Public Sector space.
- A proven ability to identify, develop and maintain strategic partnerships
- A proven track record of working independently as part of a larger team
- Understanding of the value of rugged mobility is a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience presenting to groups
- Experience in public speaking and engaging with industry analysts
- Proficient in business tools such as PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Position requires regular travel. 75% travel required and must show history of this level of travel in past experiences.
- Location TBD, United States
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.