Panasonic - Business Development Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You Will Get To Do:
Within Panasonic’s Industrial Visual Systems division, this role will report into the sales manager of the Solutions & Services group. Solutions & Services utilizes a hub and spoke system as the go to market model. As the hub, Solutions will work with the spokes, sales teams and even direct team resources, to take the solutions to market and sell them.
As a qualified Business Development Manager, your direct responsibility will be to hunt for solutions business, generating, qualifying, and nurturing. The Business Development Manager job function will serve a critical role in the organization, specifically helping to develop the Solutions business in a host of different markets and industries. The job will include the need to be proficient with the portfolio of our offerings developed for the market and be the lead and owner of most prospecting efforts. The ultimate goal, handing off and/or closing business working with the local Territory Account Managers.
A clear understanding and use of sales tools like Discover.org and Salesforce to prospect and manage opportunities is key. In this role you will help develop and manage relationships with end users, resellers, partners and distributors that will lead to the attainment of revenue goals
The Business Development Manager will operate with a specific set of KPIs and a sales quota. The quota will roll-up to the Solutions group for attainment of the overall revenue goals. The Business Development Manager will also have access to a Solutions Inside Sales Representative; whom can support prospecting efforts, appointment setting, and day to day sales support.
What You Will Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BA or BS preferred; Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of Sales experience is required.
- Solution Sales Experience is a PLUS.
- Experience with CRM based on tools required.
- The Business Development Manager will be customer-facing and therefore must demonstrate a very high level of written and verbal communication, and presentation skills, as well as strong active listening skills.
- Must demonstrate at all times a very high level of responsiveness and thorough follow-up.
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in cross-functional teams and matrix reporting structures.
- Ability to quickly establish trust and build and maintain lasting relationships with customers, resellers, and other partners.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with end users.
- Trade show and event representation.
- Ability to travel for over half the time.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.