Panasonic – Business Development Manager South East
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This Business Development Manager (BDM) is a SaaS sales professional and will be responsible first and foremost for making initial contact with new prospects for Panasonics Industrial IoT solutions business. This position will be the “tip of the spear” to introduce Panasonic’s single solution for all common factory material flow. The BDM will be responsible for driving the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed and billed solution.
Prospecting and solution selling into new customers:
- Qualifying new customers through email, phone and other indirect methods such as networking
- Consulting with customers to deliver value added services and drive change in the delivery process.
- Elevating new solutions and identifying customer issues, work with peer organizations to resolve them
- Work with internal sales companies to partner on existing relationships
- Draft and deliver quotes working with sales operations and pre-sales engineers
- Attend industry trade shows from time to time
Customer Meetings & Sales Cycle Progression:
- Deliver presentations to senior management and to key decision makers
- Requirements gathering, conducting of site surveys, driving customer program requirement calls, ensuring that expectations are clearly set and managed internally and externally to enable high levels of customer success and satisfaction.
- Establish new relationships with customers and secure purchase orders that overachieve on quota and budgets
- Report out weekly on sales activity
- Provide weekly/monthly forecasts on sales cycle progress
- Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how targets will be met on an ongoing basis
- Map out territory and create a lead list
- Monitor and record progress through CRM tools such as SalesForce
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in direct selling of software as a solution (SaaS).
- Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent experience in a technical discipline preferred.
- Manufacturing or Industrial Logistics domain expertise preferred.
- A passion for the customer with a strong commitment to offer solutions to their problems.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work both independently and in teams on complex problems.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, CRM and project management software.
- The ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment while balancing competing priorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently to serve the diverse needs of global enterprise customers.
- Effective time management, with well- developed organizational skills and change management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across internal and external functional teams.
- The ability to seek a win/win resolution on behalf of us and our customers resource constraints are encountered.
- This is a remote work from home position with heavy travel at times. Ideal location is close to a major airport in the South East region, Nashville or Atlanta areas preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand and walk and may on occasion need to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may on occasion be called to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and possibly up to 40 pounds.
- Business Travel may be required up to 50%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.