Panasonic –Business Development Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
SaaS / Sales & Market Development:
- Develop and implement a strategic business plan of SaaS business that outlines a clear vision of necessary actions to be taken to create market demand & win business from clearly identified, high value customers and establish Panasonic’s software platform in the commercial video industry.
- Serve as the SaaS subject matter expert to target customers and channel partners as well the different stakeholders within the company such as sales, product management, marketing, engineering and factory.
- Initiate & conduct high level negotiations and close SaaS business opportunities including special development projects or specific contracts for new/unique SaaS applications.
- Collaborate with sales team & aligned Panasonic business groups in identifying, prospecting and partnering on customer communication, meetings, pipeline development and sales closure.
- Visit with, present and conduct high-level demonstrations to customers – either developed independently or in conjunction with sales team.
- Assist in ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual SaaS sales targets meet or exceed company targets along with achieving strategic personal goals / targets as assigned by sales management.
- Identify, subscribe to and participate in industry events/trade shows/associations and periodicals in order to market SaaS solutions and service capabilities.
- Build and capitalize upon appropriate industry partnerships or alliances in order to increase customer awareness and build long term sales pipeline.
- Collaborate with marketing in the development and execution of SaaS market messaging, promotional strategies and other tactics designed to generate market awareness and grow sales pipeline.
SaaS / Solution Development/Education/Fulfillment
- Understand SaaS software technology trends, market data, competitive information and potential partnerships/alliances in order identify solution opportunities or shortfalls.
- Identify complimentary 3rd party products/solutions for integration with existing and future software solutions.
- Deliver regular SaaS market research and competitive positioning / pricing analysis to Product Management, Marketing and Sales Management. Including presenting emerging business trends and best practices for software solution sales.
- Assist Product and Sales Management with launch SaaS software solutions. Inclusive of developing pricing models, marketing initiatives and sales team training.
- Coordinate strategic SaaS marketing activities, align resources, & implement initiatives to effectively promote Panasonic Software solutions.
- Effectively manage all administrative duties and reporting in timely manner.
- Including but not exclusive to Salesforce customer, sales opportunity data maintenance along with sales forecasting.
- Additional reporting on activities, vertical news, technology, information, solution development and various headquarter or factory requests.
- Monitor and achieve all HQ required KGIs.
- Manage and coordinate individual meetings, travel, & expenses.
What You'll Bring:
Essential for success are a strong combination of strategic and creative talent, strong internal motivation and a bias for action. The position is also highly dependent on understanding SaaS selling and developing a strategic vision. Requirements include excellent interpersonal skills, a strong orientation to entrepreneurship yet with ability to work very effectively in virtual teams. Polished professional with excitement and energy for SaaS software sales and understanding/learning about emerging technologies in order to be the “face” of Panasonic to a rapidly growing market.
Education & Experience:
- 4-6+ years’ experience of direct and indirect based sales &/or business development.
- 3-5+ years SaaS sales experience and deep knowledge of the digital video space.
- Proven experience of selling software / technology platform services.
- Knowledge of enterprise level networking and commercial broadband architectures.
- Knowledge of network management software implementation and support.
- Expertise with IP Networking and industry best practices for switching, routing, tunneling, and higher layer protocols and standards (video, voice, data).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar related field required.
- Knowledge of current and emerging Broadcast, AV and IT products, services/processes preferred.
- Industry certifications preferred.
- Self-motivated, resilient, can-do attitude to overcome obstacles and find resolution in sometimes difficult conditions.
- Excellent judgment and be able to work in a challenging matrix management environment.
- Able to navigate informal structures making work related contacts and collaborate with internal resources to accomplish company goals.
- Strategic thinker who takes systematic approaches to solving problems to insure customer satisfaction and achieving company goals.
- Understanding of pipeline management discipline.
- Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal required.
- Strong team building, interpersonal and project management skills required.
- Able to cultivate relationships of C-Level individuals within strategic, high-value end-user customers.
- Passionate company advocate with ability to negotiate at all levels of customer engagement.
- Must have the ability to explain complex systems in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
- Skilled presenter who is comfortable with one-on-one or large group audiences.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- CRM software including customer contact, sales pipeline and opportunity data management (Salesforce preferred).
- Travel up to 50% of time nationally, some weekend work, hours of work may vary due to business travel, customer availability and trade show involvement.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.#LI-Remote