Panasonic – Business Development Manager Sensor Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Create new revenue stream by prospecting and developing target OEM accounts for various verticals in the central region of the USA. This role will be responsible for specifying, supporting, and closing industrial automation sensor opportunities to be transacted either directly or through existing channel partners. This position will also be working closely with Regional Sales Managers, Field Application Engineers, and product teams. Candidate should be located in the NW suburbs of Chicago.
- Grow and cultivate key relationships in order to develop new sensor opportunities.
- Specify and close new sensor business opportunities with local OEM or end-user customers to drive sales.
- Serve as the primary interface between the customer and Panasonic.
Product Team Liaison:
- Understand product strategy and process.
- Provide feedback on products based on knowledge obtained from account sources. This includes feedback on product acceptance and performance, trends, and competitive insight.
- Responsible for an effective/clear communication with product management team.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of new business development and/or sales experience selling a technical product line, preferably industrial automation products, to various local vertical markets.
- BA/BS degree or related technical field strongly preferred, advanced degree a strong plus.
- Sales or technical experience with Industrial Automation Sensors preferred, experience with Programmable Logic Controller, Human Machine Interface, Motion Control and Servos is a plus.
- Key industry contacts / relationships within assigned region and industry markets.
- Must have a hunter mentality and a proven track record of success in developing new businesses
- Relevant experience working with the dynamic industries of this division
- Ability to demonstrate our value proposition to customers
- Must have a background of building strong customer relationships
- Experience in working with multiple levels of management, internally and externally
- Must be able to collaborate with different teams and build partnerships to meet the desired business result.
- Be able to identify a match between customer product requirements and factory solutions
- Possess adaptability and a continuous learning mentality
- Effective strategic planning and execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Key communication contacts include:
- Sales/Product teams, Technical Specialists, Factory Representatives, Executives
- Sales Rep Partners, Dealer/Distributor Partners
- 50% local domestic travel required
- Industry knowledge and experience working with Keyence/Omron/Banner/Turck/Sick/Optex/SensoPart/P&F a plus!
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.