Panasonic – Business Development Manager II
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
PLSCA (Panasonic Life Solutions Company America) is currently focused on Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Systems, Solar Panels/Battery Storage as two key residential businesses. We are working to launch a simple combination of products that will provide superior indoor air quality by automatically measuring indoor air pollution and adjusting the flow of air as well as the moistness and cleanliness.
This position will drive to evolve the IEQ (indoor environmental quality) system beyond the single fan-based products to incorporate other Panasonic products, as well as those from outside companies though either partnership or possible acquisitions. The goal is to create a complete Indoor Environment and Energy Solution for residential builders and their customers within the next three years. Possible direct reports within the first year. Total department is 5.
What you will get to do:
Develop New & Strategic Businesses to Grow PLSCA Business Portfolio: -- 50%
- Work with Overseas Divisions/Factories to see what opportunities are under development in various parts of Panasonic and Panasonic Japan that might be adopted in the US through PLSCA.
- Develop alliances with LS R&D as well as with individual BU’s and create feasibility studies on potential partners to grow PLSCA’s businesses.
- Assist in the planning and execution of an IEQ model home in the US to showcase Panasonic IEQ and other technologies
- Work with Building Solutions Group Business Unit in Japan to develop market and customers for Panasonic Housing Division in Japan
- Develop strategic growth plan around new business portfolio, if any, and take lead role in any JV or acquisition projects.
- Lead sales, engineering and marketing resources to develop market entry and product development strategies for such new markets.
Build PLSCA Strategic Business Development Capabilities: -- 25%
- Take the lead role in creating a development plan for PLSCA and Life Solutions Globally to grow in North America, through strategic approach and coordination between engineering, business development, sales, and marketing.
- Support the NBD remain resource planning for the evolution and innovation of the next generation “Cosmos IoT platform”.
- Oversee West Coast business development staff including expats.
Develop New IEQ/Smart Home Net Zero Energy Business: -- 25%
- Develop strategic plan for aligning various Panasonic home business solutions focused on energy and the environment.
- Lead IAQ Engineering and Marketing efforts to move Cosmos integrated IEQ Home System into broader market with US partners.
From Business Development viewpoint, get alliances beyond traditional distribution channels that will lead to rapid ($30M in 3 years) growth of Cosmos system
- Create multilevel partnerships with outside manufacturers, technology companies, and service providers where Panasonic cannot provide such products/services.
- Create internal partnerships where Panasonic can provide the services.
- Develop longer term “IoT platform” business model that ensures growth, sustainability and profitability. This may involve creating new recurring revenue streams through creation of valuable data and data-based services and developing new sales delivery models and/or channels.
- Develop ideas/needs pipeline that feeds into the overall IEQ strategy.
What You’ll Bring:
This is a business development job, the candidate must have a broad background and some proven track record of creating new businesses from a sales, marketing, or development perspective. Ideal candidate must be driven, accountable, highly curious, a flexible creative thinker and a team builder.
- BS/BA degree required with emphasis sales/marketing/business development preferred. Coursework or degree in engineering also preferred.
- experience in residential home market product management preferred.
- experience in smart technology-based solutions and services business.
- experience in B2B and B2B2C business.
- strategic business development experience and/or product development.
- strategic partnerships and alliances development with small, medium and large enterprises.
- Demonstrate knowledge of AI industry and applications a plus. This would be for creating continuing revenue stream based on data acquisition as well as data acquisition for development of next generation products and services.
- Supervisory experience of small groups.
- Ability to manage up and deal with C suite level management/engineers of small/mid/large companies.
- Ability to create multi-faceted business and revenue models to support such systems business.
- Ability to manage both engineers and business development staff.
- International business experience and track record of success a plus.
Advanced computer skills - MS Office, as well as MS Project.
- Strong work ethic and work history that would evidence commitment to Panasonic’s mission
- Strong written/oral communication skills: prior demonstrated research and report generation from which action, policy or system change was an outcome; comfortable with public speaking and meeting facilitation.
- Fearless ability to present to C suite level management and engineering clearly.
- Domestic travel may be required (<50%) to meetings, trade shows, events and customer locations. International travel (2-4) trips a year.
- Frequent off hours teleconferencing.
- candidate should be located in the Mountain View, Ca. area
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.