Panasonic – Business Development Manager - IC Substrate Sector
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for providing engineering expertise to support sales activities for current or new OEM product at existing/potential customers. Understand Semiconductor OEMs to access the strengths or weakness in the customer’s application. Work with internal and external partners to provide technical support to the customer. Utilizes IC packaging engineering knowledge to integrate products according to customer's specifications. Will accompany sales staff on customer visits when required.
Works closely with customer and factory to ensure semiconductor OEM product meets customer specifications. Ability to understand customer’s packaging application as well as OEM component/product. Works with customer and factory during design-in phase to resolve technical/engineering problems. Works closely with factory and sales to ensure product schedule is met. Also, will continue to support customer requirements when the product goes to mass production.
Establish strong relationship with factory to support their product. Maintain clear and constant communication with the factory representative. Understand all factory issues regarding the product such as engineering support, technical issues, manufacturing process, and roadmaps to ensure strong internal and external support.
Supports sales force in developing and maintaining close account relationships and satisfying technical customer requirements. Provides technical training for sales and representation.
Understand packaging assembly product and its technical information on all assigned products. Focus on maintaining product knowledge on all changes related to assigned products within factories and market. Understand the advantages/disadvantages of our product within the market and for the specific customer application. Receive factory training on product to be able to successfully support sales force and customer.
COMPETITIVE PRODUCT EVALUATION
Must continue to keep updated on product changes and competitor’s information. Makes specific recommendations in order to maintain or achieve technological competitiveness.
Provide professional support, failure analysis, and repair at customer sites through interaction of sales and factory support. Uses technical knowledge to make decisions regarding replacement or repair of product and software.
- Provide the overall engineering support for specific products to successfully promote a product for the sales function to meet their objectives.
- Must have a full understanding of factory, product and technical knowledge as below Application engineering in Microelectronic Packaging Field provide project management, package design/development for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units.
- Responsible for the thermal/mechanical/electrical approach to promote unique electronic materials.
- Investigates overall package performance enabling from Electronic material point of view.
- Conducts the interfaces with IC makers/Assemblers/Substrate makers to solve packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Requires a college degree in electrical/mechanical engineering.
- Two or more years of relevant applications engineering experience is required.
- Requires a strong technical knowledge of the specific product(s).
- Ability to travel as required of the position.
- Abilities in written, negotiation, and oral communication skills are preferred.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.