Panasonic – Manager, Business Development
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Responsible to be the Enterprise & Higher Education
- vertical markets expert within Panasonic’s Professional Video & Visual Systems group. Individual will have ownership within Enterprise & Higher Education markets of the development and implementation of strategic opportunities & solutions.
- Create initiatives in order to drive revenue, grow market share, and meet company goals & objectives.
- Position does not have geographical boundaries nor require candidate live in a specific state/city
Enterprise & Higher Education Vertical Market - Sales Development:
- Develop and implement a strategic business plan for the Enterprise & Higher Education vertical markets that outlines a clear vision of necessary actions to be taken to win business from clearly identified, high value end-user customers along with an overall segment market-share increase.
- Serve as the subject matter expert within the Enterprise & Higher Education vertical market- and product categories with the different stakeholders within the company. Including sales, marketing, product management, engineering and factory.
- Collaborate with sales & aligned business development groups in identifying, prospecting, and partnering on vertical end user communication, meetings, pipeline development, & sales closure.
- Within assigned vertical, research, prospect, engage, and cultivate new business from existing strategic accounts as well as new unique type of end-user customers in which to grow overall market-share.
- Indirect management of internal resources requiring close communication and coordination with various company individuals and teams (both factory and sales company) to insure actionable results are achieved.
- Identify, subscribe to, & participate in vertical events/trade shows/associations & periodicals in order to market company product, solutions, and services capabilities.
- Build and capitalize upon appropriate industry partnerships or alliances within vertical market in order to increase customer awareness and build long term sales pipeline.
- Understand the industry landscape and collect, analyze and disseminate key market news, customer data, and competitive information in order to educate and provide market readiness to the sales team, product management as well as headquarters and factory management.
Vertical Market - Solution Development:
- Understand the Enterprise & Higher Education vertical markets technology trends, market data, competitive information, & potential partnerships/alliances in order identify product or solution opportunities or shortfalls in Panasonic portfolio and recommend initiatives for positive action.
- Identify end user customer technical challenges & “pain-points” for potential Panasonic provided solutions.
- Identify complimentary 3rd party products/solutions for integration with existing & future company products for the potential company resale as Panasonic provided solution.
- Work with industry customers and sales team members to identify, prioritize, and build business cases for new product and/or feature development along with increased services potential.
- Deliver regular market research and competitive positioning / pricing analysis to marketing, product management, and sales management.
- Assist Solution Development Manager, Product Management, Marketing, & Sales. Inclusive of identification of potential clients, training, prospecting, & sales calls.
Vertical Market - Strategic Marketing:
- Work with the appropriate marketing team members in the development and execution of vertical market messaging, strategies, promotions, and other tactics designed to generate market awareness for Panasonic, produce actionable leads, and grow the pipeline for the sales team.
- Work with the marketing & product management teams to identify and develop beneficial resources of demand creation initiatives such as sales presentations, collateral pieces, promotions, ad campaigns, & social medial.
- Coordinates strategic marketing activities, align resources, & implement initiatives to effectively promote Panasonic product & solutions to assigned vertical.
- Effectively manage all administrative duties and reporting in timely manner.
- Including but not exclusive to Salesforce customer, pipeline and opportunity data maintenance, sales forecasting, & Product-Sales-Inventory (PSI).
- Additional reporting on activities, vertical news, technology, information, solution development, and various headquarter requests.
- Monitor & achieve all HQ required KGI’s.
- Manage & coordinate individual meetings, travel, & expenses.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar related field required.
- 4-6+ years’ experience of direct and indirect based business development & selling of visual communication products related to commercial grade Pro Video, Projection, & Display technologies and managed services.
- Required sales experience to Higher Education
- Industry certifications preferred
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- CRM software including customer contact, sales pipeline and opportunity data management (Salesforce preferred).
- Travel up to 50% of time, some weekend work, hours of work may vary due to business travel, customer availability and trade show involvement.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.