Panasonic – Business Development Manager-Facial Recognition
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Come and join our A-class Business Development team that is committed to driving excellence and new product innovation. Have an opportunity to be part of the team that will bring a new Facial Recognition API solution to the market. Help the business grow by identifying and executing new sales partnerships and go-to-market strategies.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and building new business, discovering some partnership to sell PSSNA’s Facial Recognition software API / Solutions to enterprise customers.
- Design and execute sales partnership/channel go-to-market strategies that ensure we meet revenue objectives for enterprise software sales by targeting prospective customers in targeted market segments.
- Both individually and in conjunction with related divisions (within PSSNA, PNA and Panasonic Japan), prospect new partnership/channel opportunities through networking, cold calling and other lead generation techniques.
- Lead and manage the cycle of executing new partnership/channel relationships from lead qualification, through discovery, competitive differentiation, selection, to quoting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Research prospective organizations to identify key stakeholders and executives to whom to target the partnership/channel efforts.
- Use Challenger, Solution and/or Consultative selling techniques to provide insights on industry issues, customer challenges and the performance breakthroughs and value propositions that are enabled by PSSNA’s software solutions.
- Coach partner stakeholders and build consensus for PSSNA’s solutions within their organization.
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- Work closely with internal/external implementation and development teams to develop implementation approach, Statements-of-Work and pricing to assure smooth delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Report individual activities internally together with market trends, competition and technology point of view.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated success developing and executing partnership/channel go-to-market strategies for software solutions (SaaS/Cloud preferred; facial-recognition- and/or biometric-based solutions experience also preferred), from building pipeline through closing deals.
- Experience and understanding of system integrations within an enterprise IT environment.
- Ability to systematically solve problems and hypothesize possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs.
- Ability to tailor communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively deliver presentations to all levels of the organization, with a strong focus on the VP- and C-levels, and strong oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience at effectively negotiating enterprise software and services contracts with channel/reseller partners that both drive value for the customer and for Panasonic.
- Ability to identify the right customer stakeholders and build connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success.
- Hunter mentality with a relentless drive to achieve results; independent and self-directed and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision; Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple opportunities concurrently.
- Has a solid understanding of business, financials, markets and the needs of customers.
- Understands moderately complex solutions and how to identify the value proposition for each.
- Ability to articulate product portfolios and their connectivity for a solution.
Resource Manager - Recognizes unspoken organizational constraints - what is and what is not possible at certain times or in certain positions. Uses the corporate culture and the language that will be best heard. Makes a conscious effort to build rapport among critical internal and external cross company customers to resolve issues and create solutions. Builds consensus with partners by considering input and promoting trust between parties. Asks direct questions of appropriate people and consults available resources, even in crisis situations, before taking action.
Strategic Thinking - Understands how the value of hardware, services, integration, software and go-to-market (partners, distributors, resellers and integrators) fit into the overall direction that provides a value proposition to our customers. Understands how our solutions fit the context of the customer.
Executive with Passion - Works independently and maintains one's motivation. Takes repeated actions to overcome obstacles. Persists in pursuing goals despite setbacks, sees and acts on new business opportunities. Executes plans with the desire to win. Evaluates and clarifies objectives to ensure they align with Panasonic and customer strategies. Builds support and determines optimal timing for execution.
Leadership-Promotes and generates cooperation among one's peers to achieve a collective outcome; fosters the development of a common vision and fully participates in creating a unified leadership team that get results. Develops relationships based on trust and promotes a climate that embraces collaboration and cohesion. Acts as a mentor to peers in the organization. Participates in business decisions outside their immediate area of responsibility. Sees self as an expert and compares self or own abilities favorably with others. States confidence in own judgment.
- Adapts presentation or discussion to appeal to the interest and level of others.
- Seeks out information from many sources to diagnosis problems or identify future opportunities.
- Reads others verbal and non-verbal queues and adapts communication style to fit the audience and topic.
- Works to build or maintain friendly warm relationships or networks of contacts with people who are or might be useful in achieving work-related goals.
- Encourages teams to build customer relationships and manage and generate resources to meet customer needs.
- Drives and coaches teams to seek feedback from the customer, which builds readiness to anticipate and meet customer needs and solve problems.
- Proactively seeks feedback from customers and uses insight to make improvements in systems, processes, etc.
- Takes care to identify the real needs of end users and focuses work on finding solutions that address internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to travel up to 75%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.