Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Responsible for prospecting and executing strategic partnerships that drive growth and support PAC's business key objectives. The Business Development Director owns the full partnership lifecycle - evaluates and oversees new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, and alliances to support the growth and expansion of PAC products, solutions, and services. Support VPGM APAC & International Business Development by providing insight to support the development and implementation of multi-BU regional strategies focused on new growth and relationships to drive business success. Utilizing a keen understanding of the Panasonic ecosystem and capabilities, leverage our unique skills, talent, core competencies and adjacent businesses to find new ways of increasing our value proposition to the market. Focus on growth, expansion and strengthening our core business by finding new opportunities.
- Business Development and Strategy Planning
- Support VPGM & Sales, Business Unit leadership, and International BD for business development and partnership opportunities in areas of business expansion with special emphasis in China, India, Middle East, and other emerging markets.
- Work closely with the Global Sales team as called upon to expand business opportunities and accommodate the local market requirements.
- Make strategic plan on how to grow the business as well as be out in the marketplace identifying and making new business opportunities for potential product, partnership, and license opportunities
- Identifies new partnerships, manufacturing cost down opportunities, builds business case and determines feasibility of business and products/services.
- Collaboration and Planning
- Working with senior team members to identify and manage company risks that might prevent growth.
- Work in close collaboration Product and Sales teams to ensure proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs as well as local requirements.
- Analyze competitive strengths and weaknesses of both PAC asset & team as well as the competition.
- Lead strategic counsel on regional/country political, economic, industrial, and stakeholder developments.
- Collaborate and drive consensus within cross functional teams including Global sales, BUs, PMO, finance, legal and regulatory policy for ensuring business alignment of joint venture projects and/or new business development projects.
- Evaluate the business case for new opportunities and generate ROI plans for opportunity analysis.
- Utilize market intelligence and industry information to capitalize on market conditions and company positions that can lead to growth opportunities.
What We’re Looking For:
- Based in either Singapore, Hong Kong or Shanghai, China
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering Field.
- Aviation, MRO or Communication Industry experience preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, or related roles, with a successful track record of achieving business objectives
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is required.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Demonstrated success in doing business in emerging market and global cross-cultural environment, managing key partnerships and selling, upselling, cross selling a variety of IFEC products and services (experiences in Aviation, MRO, Digital or Connectivity preferred)
- Significant technical knowledge of airline operations, connected aircraft, aircraft maintenance, digital solutions, and airspace management arenas, including analytical abilities to research, define, and potentially pursue new and innovative industry solutions.
- Ability to think with innovation and drive creative thinking into the business development arena and improve business result over year.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with advanced problem-solving skill to see the opportunity in developing innovative partnerships and business solutions for PAC products and services.
- Excellent executive communication, adept at leveraging open communication and extensive stakeholder engagement to influence decision and meet near and long-term goals.
- Experience developing complex, unconventional commercial business model, and closing strategic partnerships including Joint Venture and strategic alliance
- Have strong analytical skills and possess and understanding of details but be able to think "big picture" and quickly identify the meaningful insights, drivers, and priorities for the business.
- Ability to travel 50% of time .
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.