Manufacturing Business Continuity Manager
The Business Continuity Manager at Panasonic Energy you will facilitate the execution of the company’s Business Continuity Management Program and report to Panasonic Energy of North America Security Management. The Manager will assist the business with all aspects of Business Continuity planning, which includes identifying business processes, business impacts, recovery objectives, critical dependencies, and key stakeholders, documenting recovery strategies and testing recovery plans. The position's primary responsibilities will be to assess the vulnerabilities of PENA by meeting with all teams across the organization, assess the risk and then prepare businesses to handle potential work stoppages and to help minimize the impact of disruptions when they do occur. The job duties include collaborating with company leadership, outlining the business’s priorities, building an accountability network, ensuring the security and recovery of business processes, and implementing best practices in disaster recovery
- Establish and manage the company’s Business Continuity Program
- Assist in developing Business Continuity Policy, Standards and Crisis Plans and help ensure they align to industry standard and best practice
- Support crisis management activities during times of business disruptions
- Manage and track projects and action items relating to the business continuity management
- Track and monitor remediation of any issues resulting from business recovery testing
- Ensuring timely delivery of quality products, documentation, and coordinating schedules
- Create and oversee Testing and Exercise & Training and Awareness Program activities
- Oversee Enterprise-wide Metrics and Reporting
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate with cross-functional partners to shape, support, and execute project goals
- Keep Executive leadership informed of program milestones status, business risks and issues through regular reporting
- Manage multiple different workflows and execute on key long-term strategic initiatives and projects
- Stay abreast of current continuity standards, best practices, technologies, and other resources
Education & Required Skills/Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business, emergency management, supply chain, industrial engineering or closely related discipline.
- 4+ years of similar experience in project management and business continuity management, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Innate understanding of how to assess/uncover a large manufacturing organization's vulnerabilities and put in place a risk mitigation plan to prepare the organization in the event those risks come to fruition.
- Strong experience and success in risk identification, mitigation strategies and resilience planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management across a broad and diverse organization.
- Knowledge of NIST 800-34, ISO 22301 frameworks
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or similar certification
- BCMP certification and/or willingness to complete/receive certification shortly after hire.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.