Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Position:Performs data analysis, data engineering, data mining, on operational and financial enterprise data to prepare sales forecasts and operational forecasts, such as demand, supply, and inventory forecast, and business performance data. Researches, documents, supports, and takes ownership in a legacy weekly forecast data compilation process, dependent both upon SQL queries, BI tools, and MS Excel and MS Access automations. Comfortably uses and gradually develops a mastery of MS-Access queries, macros, and MS Excel Visual Basic codes, as well as SQL databases, to query, transform data, and provide reliable answers to a wide range of questions related to business operations. Supports a rigid weekly schedule of executive management presentations. As a member of a team gathering data from various types of enterprise systems, ERP/MRP, CRM, company developed custom databases, and desktop databases to synthesize answers to various management requests, supports team-members, and provides backup to primary process owners. Analyzes sales orders, purchase orders, backlog, demand risk, supply risk, and various types of forecasts, both financial and operational. Prepares scheduled and ad-hoc business reports in BI tools and in MS Excel and publishes them into presentations for the management. Assists process improvement projects by writing requirements or by leading projects performed by IT to automate legacy processes. Documents procedures and processes.
- Data Engineering and Data Analysis.
- Takes ownership and develops a mastery of assigned business data processing.
- Monitors and audits the process and owned results for accuracy, completeness.
- Maintains a diverse set of queries, data transformations, and automated reports.
- Identifies and corrects errors, researching root causes to prevent them.
- Delivers various ad-hoc business intelligence reports on demand.
- Business Process and Process Knowledge
- Participates in a highly visible weekly executive presentation process.
- Learns to and provides a backup to other team members when needed.
- Expands the team’s knowledge of BI tools and data science solutions.
- Explores and experiments with technologies to improve the process.
- Communication and Documentation
- Documents all the relevant knowledge, process instructions, and requirements.
- Clearly and transparently communicates results, status, and issues.
- Presents results in meetings to managers and executives.
The salary wage range of $61,000 – $103,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What we are looking for:
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, including macros and Visual Basic.
- Working knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP system, and SalesForce or similar CRM system.
- Solid understanding of SQL database queries and how to create them directly or using BI tools.
- Experience and knowledge of business operations, related transactions, orders, items, master data.
- Understanding of data engineering techniques and principles for transforming and combining data.
- Knowledge of programming in some data science languages such as R, Python, or similar.
- Experience developing Business Intelligence reports in MS Power-BI, Oracle Analytics, or Tableau.
- Knowledge of aircraft industry and its supply chain, with interest in aviation in general is preferred.
- Ability to identify priorities, research facts, draw conclusions, and performs with minimal supervision.
- Patience and preference for performing repetitive processing and analysis on rigid or tight schedule.
- Experience writing technical documentation, user manuals, and technical requirements is preferred.
- Understanding of engineering drawings, BOM documents, master data, and engineering in general.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills.
- Possess a learning agility and curiosity to proactively learn new technologies and apply these capabilities to solve different business problems.
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects and work with different teams.
- Ability to lead initiatives and project teams.
- Ability to work with users on a daily basis to ensure project requests are accurate and timely.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.