The Business Analyst will be part of the team creating the next-generation machine learning and predictive analytics solution for the grocery retail industry. You will be responsible for defining business & technical requirements for an IoT / Machine Learning / Analytics application that blends edge devices with the cloud and users. You will be working with business partners throughout the organization to understand and document product requirements. This person will thrive in a cross-functional and collaborative environment focused on cutting-edge retail services technology as well as effective data utilization to improve retail and service key performance indicators.Role and Responsibilities
- Develop technical requirements, user stories, and test plans for small and large product features.
- Attend all development meetings such as Sprint Planning/Grooming, standups, Sprint reviews, UATs, etc.
- Investigate business solutions brought forward by the product management team for feasibility, scope, and technical requirements. Gain approval of business requirements from business partners and gain cross-functional support.
- Work closely with software and quality engineers to make sure all tickets are closed in a timely manner.
- Assist in driving the adoption of best practices in product management, SCRUM, and Agile methodology.
- Identify areas of improvement in development processes, tools, and techniques
- Be a strong voice for the customer and user experience.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 5+ years of experience with cloud-based/SaaS software business analysis without a degree
- Bachelor's degree required Business, technology, or related field
- Able to craft well-written and unambiguous software requirements, user stories, and test cases.
- Practical understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Competency with JIRA and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, BI)
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Time Management - Efficiently manage workload, have high productivity, exhibit optimal time management, and organization skills
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Teamwork – Able to work in a team setting to improve oneself and coworkers
- Experience with analysis of IoT and Machine Learning systems
- Tech-savvy. Able to run SQL queries and base Python knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related area of study.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to understand customer needs and collaborate with internal and external team players to create solutions to meet client needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively lead multiple activities with competing deadlines; ability to set and attain goals through others.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Working knowledge of Hussmann’s products and/or food retail experience preferred
The salary range of $61,425 - $118,125 is just one component of Hussmann’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.