Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot and repair professional Video/broadcast products to the sub-assembly and component level
- Align/Calibrate and upgrade firmware for all customer repaired units for optimal performance before shipment
- Test/QC, clean, and help properly pack every unit prior to shipment
- Maintain service records in the current service database system on all repairs
- Create out of warranty repair estimates for customers
- Enter all customer, part, and problems descriptions and resolution information data for every unit
- Ensure all customer and product data is updated, complete, and relevant
- Assist customers with any technical inquiry’s related to the repair of the product, update on status of repairs and estimates for in/out of warrant repairs
- Communicate with customers to recognize, duplicate, and resolve all issues associated with repair
- Conduct repair of equipment at customer site as required
- Less than 5% travel may be needed. Will be reviewed annually.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Broadcast, AV/IT Engineering, Pro Video or Electronics Technology preferred. In lieu of degree, must have 3-5 years’ experience in Broadcast Equipment Repair
- Excellent knowledge of operation and maintenance of professional video camcorders, production cameras/CCU/ROP units, broadcast monitors, live video switchers, and pan/tilt camera systems
- Experience with camera systems configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance/calibration using test charts and equipment
- Practical usage of test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, waveform and vector scope monitor, color meter, test charts – grey scale, color bar, DSC and Chroma Du Monde chart, studio lights, etc.)
- Strong understanding of video processing, color theory, color temperatures, color correction, white balance, video imager pixel concealment, camera shading, video resolutions and type of signals and video sync, Time Code, Frame Rates, IP networking/control, and IP steaming
- Excellent computer and video product user skills required
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Possess good organizational, decision-making, and logical troubleshooting skills
- Effective written & oral communication skills
- Ability to learn new applications and programs
- Must be able to lift and/or move broadcast equipment in cases with a weight of 20 to 70 lbs
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to accurately distinguish different color hues
Applicants must be positive, dependable, and have an excellent attendance history. Drug tests and criminal background checks will be performed. Qualified candidates must be highly motivated, show aptitude for learning as new products are introduced, and have a strong desire for career stability.
Our environment is challenging and positive within an exciting growth industry. We are an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Heartland Customer Solutions, LLC
14206 Overbrook Rd.
Leawood, KS 66224
Tel: (913) 685-8855 Fax (913) 685-8555
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.