1. Brazes (bonds) together components to assemble metal parts as specified by layout, work order, or blueprints, using hand torch: Aligns and clamps workpieces together, using rule, square, or template or sets up and places them in fixtures, jigs, or vise.
2. Cleans joints of workpieces, using wire brush or by dipping them into cleaning solution.
3. Selects torch tip, flux, and brazing alloy from data charts or work order.
4. Connects hoses from torch to regulator valves and cylinders of oxygen and specified fuel gas, acetylene or natural.
5. Turns valves to start flow of gases, lights flame, and adjusts pressure and mixture of gases to obtain desired color and size of flame.
6. Brushes flux onto joint of workpiece or dips braze rod into flux to prevent oxidation of metal.
7. Guides torch and rod along joint or seam of workpiece to heat to brazing temperature and melt braze alloy to bond workpieces together.
8. Examines seam and re-brazes defective joints. May braze together broken parts and cover holes to repair leaks.
9. May specialize in bonding parts with soft solder and be designated Solderer, Torch (welding) II.
10. May melt and separate brazed joints, using hand torch or furnace, remove and straighten components, and re-braze joints to repair misaligned or damaged assemblies and be designated Brazer, Repair And Salvage (welding).
Experience in brazing copper (preferred)
Must pass brazer certification test
Read and follow written instructions
Basic Math and measuring skills
Meet the physical requirements of the regular work assignment
As a global policy, Panasonic does not recognize resumes or other application materials submitted from staffing agencies and search firms outside of our system. Therefore, please do not submit resumes or other application materials through the external Panasonic web site or directly to our employees. Any resumes or other application materials submitted through the external web site or directly to employees of Panasonic or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates will not be eligible for any agency fee, and the resume and other application materials will be added to our database for direct recruitment.
Panasonic assigns only certain positions to approved staffing agencies and search firms that have a current agreement with Panasonic in place. Not all positions are eligible for an agency fee.
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.