- Support the communications between our technical team in Japan and the USA by being an expert interpreter and translator
- Complete daily periodic patrols and tours of the production floors to control and manage the production processes
- Utilizing the process of Control of Three Fix (fix position, fix items, and fix amount/quantity) of stocks, and OK/NG products
- Collect, compile, and understand the daily production quantity and quality control data
- Collected quality data to be reported to managers as daily, weekly, and monthly periodic reports
- Ability to fully understand the production process for Assembly to identify challenges and to assist in enhancing productivity
- Identify risks and achieve improvements to promote 5S and to prevent and eliminate foreign materials in the process
- Knowledgeable with control contamination for the Assembly production process
- Train local PENA employees on the Quality Control methods or other training pertaining to localization
- The understanding of battery manufacturing control and daily output and quality control and contamination elimination process
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Preferred: None
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to communicate successfully at all levels
- Must have a working-level knowledge of the English and Japanese languages, including reading, writing, and speaking of both languages
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of the Assembly Production process for battery manufacturing
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 15%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 40%
- Lift: 15%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.