Bilingual Production Control Specialist
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Keep track daily production output, Coordinate day to day, Quality control management, assist contamination eliminate process, Supporting communication between Japanese and English locally with Japanese TA.
- Support English/Japanese communication, as an expert interpreter/a expert translator among Japanese TAs and US PENA members.
- Daily periodic patrol/tour of the production floors to control/manage the production process. Control of Three Fix (fix position, fix items, and fix amount/quantity) of stocks, and OK/NG products.
- Collect/compile daily production qty and quality control data. The data collected/compiled shall be informed to managers as daily/ weekly/monthly periodic reports.
- Enhance productivity of electrode production process by accurately understanding the production process and identifying the issues.
- Identify risks and achieve improvements; ex. to promote 5S and to prevent foreign matter from getting into the process.
- Understand and identify the electrode production actual results to help enhance productivity.
- Knowledgeable on quality control of the electrode production process.
- Knowledgeable on control contamination of electrode production process.
- Train local PENA employees on the QC methods or other training pertaining to localization.
- Understanding of battery manufacturing control, daily output/quality control/contamination eliminate process, and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), creating/compiling/utilizing data.
- Ability to communicate successfully with all levels of employee and management.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Japanese.
- Basic knowledge of battery electrode production process.
- Ability to walk or maneuver approximately 5 miles per day in the factory (no construction/production activities are included in the position).
- Willingness to work in a construction environment and wear appropriate PPE (no construction/production activities are included in the position).
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Connect with the recruiter, Joe Richie: www.linkedin.com/in/GigafactoryRecruiter