Bilingual Production Control Specialist (English/Japanese)
Shift: Day Shift
Keep track daily production output, Coordinate day to day, Quality control management, assist contamination eliminate process, Supporting communication between Japanese and English locally with Japanese TA.
- Support English/Japanese communication, as an expert interpreter/a expert translator among Japanese TAs and US PENA members.
- Daily periodic patrol/tour of the production floors to control/manage the production process. Control of Three Fix (fix position, fix items, and fix amount/quantity) of stocks, and OK/NG products.
- Collect/compile daily production qty and quality control data. The data collected/compiled shall be informed to managers as daily/ weekly/monthly periodic reports.
- Enhance productivity of Assembly production process by accurately understanding the production process and identifying the issues.
- Identify risks and achieve improvements; ex. to promote 5S and to prevent foreign matter from getting into the process.
- Understand and identify the Assembly production actual results to help enhance productivity.
- Knowledgeable on quality control of the Assembly production process.
- Knowledgeable on control contamination of Assembly production process.
- Train local PENA employees on the QC methods or other training pertaining to localization.
Understanding of battery manufacturing control, daily output/quality control/contamination eliminate process, and experience.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), creating/compiling/utilizing data.
- Ability to communicate successfully with all levels of employee and management.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Japanese.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Basic knowledge of battery Assembly production process
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.