Responsible to perform management, planning, organizing and control of all Panasonic Technical Services (PTS) operation and administration at the Line Station location. Primary contact and focal for all Maintenance issues at the line station location. Represent Panasonic Technical Services at high level customer meetings, including but not limited to meetings regarding service levels, contractual disputes, and new service issues; coordinate these activities with involved internal customers.
- Train, supervise, assign projects to, evaluate and responsible for the hiring/termination of staff to maintain optimum performance of job duties.
- Supervise staff with responsibility for their assigned programs and daily tasks.
- Coordinate with others to ensure business goals are achieved.
- Develop and review all administrative responsibilities (i.e. work schedules, training, technical training) and standardized reporting.
- Ensure all personnel have proper PTS and Customer Approved Training and that they understand the Responsibilities and Duties to PAC and the Customers.
Create, gather and present pertinent information and metrics to customer and to company personnel.
- Maintain proper inventory control and reporting, etc.
- Ensure that all Chronic Problems, Full System or Partial System Failures are reported to the Maintenance Operations Center (MOC)/ Maintenance Control Center (MCC) and Panasonic Technical Services and that uncorrected aircraft problems are communicated to the next station the aircraft is in transit to.
Comply with all laws and regulations and cooperate with all regulatory agencies and their representatives.
- Coordinate labor requirements and opening or closing of new stations within the assigned regional area.
- Ensure that all assigned stations perform to PTS Standards such as UFMRs, and Filing of Station Records.
- Review the PTS maintenance practices to ensure all procedures are in accordance with the FAA or local Airworthy authority written policies, procedures of the Customer, and PAC.
- Coordinate with PAC QA regarding the ongoing PTS Station Auditing schedule and work with Quality to ensure that all “reportable” stations meet FAA/EASA/ local airworthiness certification requirements.
Oversee service deliveries to PAC customers within the assigned area, meeting contractual commitments in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintain 99.95 % Dispatch Reliability for PTS Serviced Aircraft.
- Coordinate with all “third party” maintenance organizations to ensure service agreements are being met.
- Coordinate with MOC / MCC to ensure that tasks related to Customer Chronic Aircraft and open items are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate effective media loading within area of responsibility.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2 year related AA Degree or 2 years Technical College Certificate or related military technical training required. Bachelor’s degree strongly desired.
- Valid A&P, EASA, CASA, UAE GCAA or appropriate licensing specific to region.
- 5 years of previous Airlines “line maintenance” experience, 2 of which should be in Electronic/Avionics line or work shop environment.
- 4-Years in a front-line supervisory position with 2+ years of direct responsibility for four or more subordinates.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
.Knowledge and skill requirements
- Good computer skills including three years’ experience on actual application of MS Windows, Word, Excel, and email.
- MS Project experience is a plus.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting (preferably acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience) or technical ability and experience to learn and trouble-shoot computer networking systems.
- Good understanding of financial controls and budgets.
- Ability to work well with others in small groups and with difficult people.
- Ability to interface easily with senior level management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations at high level meetings.
- Ability to manage a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must pass extensive security, and background checks.