Panasonic – Backend Services Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will work in a small team of backend service engineers to build new services from the ground-up, as well as integrate new features. You are expected to be a hands-on lead developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable software. You will be expected to work equally between design, hands-on development, and providing mentorship to our other developers. You will work closely with mobile, web and other client developers to define and provide the appropriate APIs. You should have experience in Big Data and data warehouses using tools such as Spark, Storm, RedShift and Kinesis.
- Lead development of cloud services and data pipelines
- Plan software releases and release schedules
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain production-level services in the cloud
- Interact with Product Management to refine product requirements; work efficiently in a cross-functional team across multiple projects
- Mentor cloud services engineers
- Understand and be able to identify bottlenecks across the system and evaluate performance of various components
- Analyze, evaluate and propose technologies to efficiently address product requirements in the software design
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 15+ years’ experience building backend services or cloud software
- 5+ years senior project lead on a significant services product at scale
- 5+ years of experience with Java, Scala or Kotlin
- Experience with microservices, gRPC, containerized services and kubernetes strongly preferred
- Evidence of architectural or design influence on backend services
- Track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Experience with highly concurrent, highly available, and highly fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Deep experience building cloud native services such as on AWS or GCP
- Strong fundamentals on SLDC such as code reviews and CI/CD systems
- Strong ability to debug issues in distributed systems using monitoring, logging and tracing
- Proven track record of shipping services in production environments
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.