Panasonic – Backend Services Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Backend Services Engineer, you will work in a small team of backend service engineers to build new services as well as a data platform from the ground-up. You are expected to be a hands-on lead developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable software. You will be expected to work equally between design, hands-on development, and providing mentorship to other developers within the organization. You should have experience in Big Data and data warehouses using tools such as Spark, Storm, RedShift and Kinesis.
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Plan software releases and release schedules
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain production-level services in the cloud
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, PM and UX teams
- Evaluate and incorporate new cloud services as and when appropriate.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience building backend services or data platforms
- 1+ years of experience in building high performance data processing infrastructure taking into account concurrency, latency and efficiency by profiling, reviewing logs etc
- 5+ years of experience with Java, Scala or Kotlin
- Evidence of architectural or design influence on backend services
- Track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Deep experience building data platforms such as on AWS or Azure or GCP
- Strong fundamentals on SLDC such as code reviews and CI/CD systems
- Proven track record of shipping services in production environments
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.