Panasonic – Backend Services Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will work in a small team of backend service engineers to build new services from the ground-up, as well as integrate new features. You are expected to be a hands-on developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable software. You will be expected to work equally between design and hands-on development. You will work closely with mobile, web and other client developers to define and provide the appropriate APIs. Having experience in Big Data using tools such as BigQuery and Spark is also a definitive plus as well as experience with machine learning.
- Design, implement, deploy and manage microservices in AWS Kubernetes using gRPC
- Design and implement the API for mobile clients
- Contributing to all phases of software development including ideation, prototyping, design and production
- Collaborate on new architectures and components, working with technical leadership and other engineers
- Interact with Product Management to refine product requirements; work efficiently in a cross-functional team across multiple projects
- Analyze, evaluate and propose technologies to efficiently address product requirements in the software design
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience building backend services or cloud software
- 1+ years of experience working within a cloud infrastructure or similar environment
- Hands-on experience with machine learning
- Track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strong fundamentals on SLDC such as code reviews and CI/CD systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.