Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) as well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It’s a personal assistant service designed for busy families – especially moms – to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It’s the first of many meaningful things we’re working on.
We’re building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.
About The Role:
The goal of the Payments Team is to provide buyers and sellers everywhere with a frictionless payments experience on our platform. We are in the process of building a business with a truly global reach and operations. This is a great opportunity for an engineer to own high impact initiatives on a high-volume, mission critical system.
We are in charge of building and maintaining our own global payments infrastructure, at all levels of the stack. We are responsible for the payments experience end to end; from the seamless checkout flow that allows customers around the world to purchase goods in their preferred methods, to the backend APIs and payment processor integrations.
We are looking for strong full-stack and back-end software engineers to join a small and nimble team, and help define and execute Yo's strategy for global payments. The ideal candidate will combine solid engineering and product skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. You will tackle exciting technical challenges that come with scale (huge volumes of transactions, currencies, and methods to support) and have responsibility measured in billions.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining our payments platform processing high transaction volumes
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with payment providers and integrate new payment methods into our payment platform
- Implement and deliver new payment features leading to higher checkout conversion
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability and security of the payments system
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of industry experience building data driven systems, but we do realize quality of experience is more important than actual years.
- Experience developing APIs and integrating third-party services.
- Proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: large systems software design, development of distributed or parallel systems, database design, machine learning, application development.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Bonus: Experience integrating with payment service providers (e.g. Stripe, Adyen, Marqeta)
- Bonus: familiarity with our tech stack (Kotlin/Java, CockroachDB, AWS, Micronaut, Spring Boot, microservice architecture)
- Bonus: Hands-on experience building custom components with one or more ecommerce platforms (Shopify, Salesforce, or SAP Hybris).
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.