Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
Acts as company-wide expert on Microsoft Azure platform, leading our engineering and operations teams to collectively design, implement, optimize, operate, and maintain cloud-based solutions for the company within Azure. Responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure. Leads creation, implementation, and maintenance of operational policies for Azure solutions. Responsible for budget planning and cost management/optimization within Azure.
Solution Design, Development, Deployment, and Operation
- Modify and improve existing systems, architectures, and solutions.
- Design, deploy, and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve vulnerabilities and complex deployment issues.
- Regularly review existing systems/implementations/policies and make recommendations for improvements.
- Interact with stakeholders to provide cloud support and make recommendations based on client needs, including leading other members of the team in these areas.
- Monitor and test system performance, provide statistics and reports as required.
- Recommend and execute modifications to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance, enabling automation where possible and appropriate.
- Implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Azure, ideally from private cloud (VMware) or other on-premises virtualization platforms.
- Provide technical and thought leadership to the DevOps tooling team to leverage, improve, and advance the use of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in our Azure environment.
- Utilize internal work tracking systems like ticketing, project management, etc.
- Participate in after-hours on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis.
Azure Platform Design and Architecture
- Design highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure and solutions with a focus on Azure using industry best practices leveraging the WAF and CAF based frameworks, including legacy and modern (cloud-native) approaches.
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in key process improvements for the Azure environment throughout the organization.
- Conduct research on hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
Documentation and Compliance
- Develop and maintain training materials and system documentation for use by Global IT Network Operations team, other IT staff, and end users.
- Ensure that the environment complies with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines, including participation in internal and external audits are required.
- Participate in audits as lead technical resource for Azure platform.
- Stay informed of emerging Azure technologies and evaluate their value to the organization's operations, including making presentations about same to various audiences including technical and executive leadership.
- Training, vendor management, budget planning tasks, etc.
- Must understand the underlying operational and architectural components of our Azure footprint, including advanced technical knowledge of Linux, Windows, Networking, Security, Automation, and other operation components, including cloud-native components and solutions.
- Advanced theoretical and practical expertise with Microsoft’s Well Architected Framework and Cloud Adoption Framework in Azure environments
- Demonstrated hand-on experience in mid-sized or larger environments with DevOps processes, methodologies, and toolsets including Infrastructure as Code (IaC), CI/CD pipelines, etc. ideally using Gitlab and Terraform
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in mid-sized or larger environments with Azure Database technologies (both IaaS and PaaS) and options to support the migration processes between them.
- Expert operational (engineer) experience in mid-sized or larger environments with core components of the Azure platform, including but not limited to Virtual Machines (IaaS), storage technologies (Storage Accounts, managed disks, etc), Virtual Networks including NSGs, Azure Site Recovery and other VM migration tools, ARM Templates, Azure Active Directory, etc.
- Expert hands-on experience in mid-sized or larger environments in geographically distributed Azure cloud environments including migrations from on-premises virtualization environments (VMware preferred)
- Expert hands-on experience in mid-sized or larger environments with Cloud Management components of the Azure platform, including but not limited to Policies, RBAC roles, IAM, Monitor and Alerting, Backup/DR offerings, Advisor, etc. including current best practices around Azure governance.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in mid-sized or larger environments with Cost Analysis and Cost Optimization processes and tools in Azure.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in mid-sized or larger environments with Automation scripting including PowerShell, Azure CLI, and other configuration as code platforms.
- Expert hands-on experience in mid-sized or larger environments with utilization and operation of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Demonstrated hand-on experience in mid-sized or larger environments applying information security principles and technologies including traffic and data encryption, PKI, and server/network hardening.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation skills in person or via online meeting services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to independently conduct research into issues and products as required, including making and justifying recommendations for same
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other technical positions.
- Should be comfortable working cross-functionally with all audiences.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- 10+ years of IT Operations Engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in Azure Cloud Engineer roles in mid-sizer or larger companies with geographically-distributed environments with 24x7 uptime environments.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (AZ-104 exam) required. Azure Solutions Architect coursework and/or certification (AZ-305 or comparable) preferred.
- Demonstrable broad infrastructure knowledge including network, storage, compute, security, and operating system fluency (Windows Server and/or Enterprise Linux)
- Strongly prefer candidates with the following skills/experience:
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM processes including change management
- Experience with ServiceNow platform including ITSM, CMDB, and MID server operation
- Experience with standards including ISO9001, ISO27001, PCI, CIS Controls, etc. including audit response and remediation
- Experience with Agile framework and related tools, ideally including SAFe
- Experience with Atlassian Suite including Confluence and Jira
The salary range of $107,000 - $180,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
- Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.