Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
We are currently hiring for an experienced Azure Cloud Architect who will enable our digital transformation by leading a practice which provides world-class cloud architecture and engineering services, in alignment with our enterprise cloud architecture strategy as it relates to Microsoft Azure. This position is part of our Network Operations team at our Irvine, California global headquarters. This is a hybrid role with an opportunity for 90%+ remote work.
As part of our Global IT Network Operations team, this position will lead the execution as we continue our transition from distributed on-premises Datacenters and will lead our continued journey to the Azure Cloud, enabling digital transformation and eliminating technical debt. You will leverage your expertise with Microsoft Azure, Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), and automation capabilities and platforms, to create and deliver modern cloud-based technology solutions.
A successful Azure Cloud Architect is innately curious, devoted to best practices, results driven, and is able to navigate and successfully deliver against initial change resistance. To this end, you'll apply your technical knowledge as well as your soft skills to develop and drive technical solutions and a cloud infrastructure platform that delivers secure, reliable, and scalable cloud services to support Panasonic Avionics business units around the world.
- Show an advanced understanding of cloud technologies, cloud platform operations, and cloud governance, with a focus on a DevOps approach to automation (CI/CD) ideally using Terraform and Gitlab, plus analysis, modification and testing of cloud services.
- Implement and operationalize a migration from traditional on-premises approaches to network security into Azure-native approaches using automation of Azure NSG deployments, including implementing NSG into already migrated workloads.
- Experience with Enterprise-scale Microsoft Azure implementations and migrations.
- Design, build, implement, and maintain cloud automation to optimize cloud spend, identify and remediate security risks, and safeguard compliance across the Azure platform.
- Provide technical consulting and strategic direction to engineering teams including leadership.
- Work directly with other team architects (network, security, etc), operations engineers and system administrators to produce assigned architectural deliverables.
- Identify, verify, and remediate inconsistent cloud configurations.
- Charged with the long-term goal to “automate everything” in Azure and carry this philosophy and implementation approach across the Global IT Network Operations team and beyond.
- Implement proactive health checks, internal audits, and other practices and standards, to ensure comprehensive and reliable monitoring coverage and visibility.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution, and problem analysis across the hybrid environment.
- Prepare technical documentation, including implementation plans, process flow diagrams, test results, and technical manuals.
- Create and execute detailed plans for timing and execution of on-premises to Azure IaaS migrations across our globally distributed environment, focusing on best practices including risk mitigation.
- Responsible for successful analysis, high-level design, and delivery of cloud projects, including management of external vendor resources where needed.
- Communicates basic cloud concepts to technical audiences and management.
- Communicates technical issues to vendors to solve cloud problems and implement and operationalize cloud components.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for self-improvement of technical and non-technical skills and provide technical mentorship to select technical resources within the team to improve skilling and operational maturity.
- Articulate and advocate new cloud technical and non-technical ideas within the team.
- May be asked to act as focal for a third-party Cloud Operations team to deliver against the cloud strategy.
- Identify and implement best-of-breed approaches, methodologies, and tools to deliver operational reliability and visibility while continuously optimizing and minimizing overall cloud spend.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the entire organization and with customers, along with excellent written communication skills is needed
- Must have attention to detail and priority/time management as well as high performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience and knowledge of microservices, and compute scaling
- Experience with "Well-Architected Framework" principals, infrastructure as code practices (e.g., Terraform) and agile development methodologies
- Working knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD principles and practices
- Strong proficiency in one or more coding languages (Python, PowerShell) highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of Manufacturing and Business IT and the ability to apply this knowledge in a global company
- Proven ability to execute against enterprise digital vision and strategy within the technology organization
- Business-driven, with exceptional influencing skills
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, presentation, and time-management skills
- Possess the savvy to work across organizational lines within the company and influence key internal executives and business line Directors
- Able to execute and drive implementation of the agreed-upon strategies
- Expert understanding of the specific security challenges posed by public cloud technologies
- High School Diploma or GED with current and valid Microsoft Azure certification including AZ-305 at a minimum.
- Minimum 5 years of operational experience with cloud technologies, with minimum 2 years of architecture and design experience with Microsoft Azure in an enterprise environment
- Minimum 2 years operational experience with cloud infrastructure automation and CI/CD, preferably using Terraform and Gitlab (other platforms acceptable)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Technical certifications of varying complexity or disciplines in Microsoft Azure
- Technical certifications for Hashicorp Terraform
- Technical certifications for Microsoft Server 2012 or later (MCSA, MCSE)
- Technical certifications for Linux (RHEL preferred)
- Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
- All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.