MAINTENANCE SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Avionics Technician) LOCATION:
HONOLULU, HI – (HNL– DANIEL K. INOUYE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT) SUMMARY:
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is looking to hire ONE (1)
Avionics/Aviation Technicians to join our corporate team of Mechanics to work on, replace and improve the performance of IFE (in-flight entertainment) systems on planes for some of the most recognized airlines in the world. As the #1 provider of IFE products in the world, Panasonic Avionics offers a great culture, training platform, and long-term career trajectory that is designed to make your career TAKE OFF! Hourly rate ranges from $23.35 to $29.38 based on years of experience. (These rates include Geographical Differential for said location
and would depend on applicable licenses and/or experience.) Starting rates increase with additional years of experience). This is a full time, direct hire position, offering full medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance. Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, two weeks of accruable PTO, 14 paid Company Holidays, 7 sick days, and 3 personal days. Ask your recruiter about additional perks to work with PAC. WHO IS PANASONIC AVIONICS?
If you've ever boarded a plane with a video display on the seat in front of you, offering Movies, TV, Gaming, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Audio; there's a great chance that Panasonic Avionics is behind it all. And we are looking for the best and brightest to join our Technical Services Team to help us continue to provide the best In-Flight-Entertainment products on the planet. WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Maintenance Services Technician for Panasonic Avionics, you will be using your acquired skills to service our electronic aviation devices onboard planes for various airlines! Not only could you be a part of the latest technology that entertains millions of people while they are traveling the world, Panasonic is also offering the newest and fastest In-Flight multi-orbit network Wi-fi technology on the planet. Come join us! THE JOB:
Under direct supervision, perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA Regulations. Carry out systems troubleshooting using basic computer and electronic theories and test equipment. Remove and replace components and equipment in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures. If applicable, complete all administrative duties associated with maintenance actions performed. Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Perform maintenance checks on Customer aircraft for various airlines
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Assist in tracking the spare inventory.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- HS diploma or GED is required
- College degree, trade school or certification in a related field is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background and drug screening (marijuana included).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be open to most shifts. (Night shift or Graveyard shift included. Airports are a 24/7 operation)
- 0–1-year experience with mechanics or electronics through work or school is preferred but not required
- 0-1-year of IFE or avionics experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have the ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/ 50% match, 2 weeks PTO, 7 paid sick days, 3 personal days, 11 paid Holidays, Tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation #aviationmechanic #avionics #aviation #a&pmechanic #aircraftmechanic #airframe&powerplant #airframeandpowerplant #aviationtechnician