Panasonic Avionics Corporation is seeking motivated Avionics Maintenance Intern to join our growing Panasonic Avionics Technical Services team in our line station at Minneapolis Saint Paul International Airport. This paid internship will start in September 2019 and continue through March 2020. This internship will play an important role in assisting Panasonic Avionics technical personnel to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations to Panasonic Avionics In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircrafts subjected to FAA regulations.
What you will learn during your internship:
- How to perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics IFE system
- How to troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles using knowledge of electronic theory
- How to remove and replace defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling
- How to document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment
- How to perform inventory control, receive parts
Duration and schedule:
6 months, 09/16/19 – 3/20/20
Monday – Thursday
4 pm – 8 pm
Scheduling can be modified slightly to accommodate intern's availability.
What you bring to the internship:
- Current students who have completed the courses blow, or have prior aviation experience to content of these courses:
ACMT1000 – Introduction to Aviation Maintenance
ACMT1300 – Aircraft Drawing
ACMT1400 – Basic D. C. Electricity
- Ability to plan technical activities to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, take verbal as well as written instructions and communicate instructions as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly, in English, both written and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Learn to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve basic and routine issues.
- Generally applies existing practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Uniforms and tools provided
Who we are:
For 40 years, Panasonic Avionics has strengthened the connection between the world’s airlines and their passengers. We are recognized globally for our experience and leadership in product innovation and customization, system reliability, and customer care.
We collaborate with over 300 airline customers to develop inflight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that are designed to meet their unique fleet, brand, operations, and business requirements, based on state-of-the-art technology, connectivity, and industry know-how. Every year, more than 2.7 billion passengers enjoy an amazing entertainment experience flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft.