This paid internship will start in October 2019 and continue through January 2019. This internship will play an important role in assisting Panasonic Avionics technical personnel to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations to Panasonic Avionics In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircrafts subjected to FAA regulations.
What you will learn during your internship:
- How to perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics IFE system
- How to troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles using knowledge of electronic theory
- How to remove and replace defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling
- How to document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment
- How to perform inventory control, receive and repair parts
- Uniform and tools with be provided
What you bring to the internship:
- Current student pursuing an Aircraft Maintenance Technician Course who has completed or will complete by the time internship starts the following courses: Introduction to Aviation Maintenance, Basic Electricity and Electrical System, Aircraft Metal Structures.
- Ability to plan technical activities to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, take verbal as well as written instructions and communicate instructions as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly, in English, both written and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Learn to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve basic and routine issues.
- Generally applies existing practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Who we are:
For 40 years, Panasonic Avionics has strengthened the connection between the world’s airlines and their passengers. We are recognized globally for our experience and leadership in product innovation and customization, system reliability, and customer care.
We collaborate with over 300 airline customers to develop inflight entertainment and communications (IFEC) solutions that are designed to meet their unique fleet, brand, operations, and business requirements, based on state-of-the-art technology, connectivity, and industry know-how. Every year, more than 2.7 billion passengers enjoy an amazing entertainment experience flying onboard Panasonic-equipped aircraft.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.