About Panasonic Avionics
For over 35 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying.
About PTS (Panasonic Technical Services)
Panasonic Technical Services brings together all of the engineering, technical, logistics, and infrastructure resources to deliver superior in-flight connectivity solution and support. PTS operate the largest IFEC line maintenance and repair network in the world.
Work Schedule: This is a 24hr/365-day operation supporting our international airline customers. This position will work 12hr shifts, (evenings) 6pm-6am, 3 days on followed by 3 days off.
- Able to read, understand and communicate technical drawing and manuals to layman users.
- IT, understanding of network systems highly preferred.
- Able to pull data from multiple databases
- Proficient in MSFT Excel. Able to use formulas, run reports and present data.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel Project, Access and Outlook. Visio knowledge also preferred.
The Maintenance Control Specialist Provide planning, reporting and analysis of maintenance operations that service airline IFE programs. Coordinate maintenance with PTS service locations and airline maintenance operations centers to provide resources to clear open defects in the shortest possible time. Additional areas of responsibility will include global maintenance planning, inventory management, trending, statistical analysis, presentation preparation and issues management.
- Create and analyze various reports for management review, including Daily Operations Report listing open deferrals and aircraft with severe IFE degradation. Utilize databases for tracking and problem resolution. Ensure all discrepancies are addressed and rectified in a timely manner.
- Utilize airline approved technical manuals including Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM), Aircraft Illustrated Parts Catalogs (AIPC), and the Software Configuration Index (SCI). Maintain in-depth knowledge of all products and installations as defined in the assigned service agreement(s).
- Assist with real-time troubleshooting of all IFE system configurations via in-flight or ground based calls. Respond to airline and internal technical questions to develop sustainable solutions to resolve discrepancies expeditiously, while continuing to maintain favorable customer relations.
- Support in-service operations by coordinating throughout the program with functional departments; Logistics, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Program Management, Product Support Engineering, and Customer Support Engineering.
- Keep management informed of all IFE maintenance issues that may impact customers’ service.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel (including formulas), Project, Access and Outlook. Visio knowledge also preferred.
- Must be proficient using multiple databases.
- The ability to listen and professionally respond to customers’ reported challenges is greatly preferred.
- The ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing, working towards a comprehensive IFE solution.
- Working technical knowledge of IFE or aircraft systems preferred, including schematics, diagrams, component and aircraft maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs and other technical documents.
- Ability to work well in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or a combination of education and related experience.
- Four years of related experience.
- Engineering, project engineering, or project/program management experience preferred.
- Airline operations and 24/7 technical support center experience preferred.
- IT and network experience highly preferred.
- IFE, cellular and satellite communication experience highly desired.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License preferred.
- Linux Basic and Linux Plus or equivalent experience with the Linux Operating system preferred.
- May require travel (10%) to Maintenance Service line stations, Panasonic Avionics repair shops and/or customer locations for training and/or direct customer support.
- Required to work in an operations center and may be required to work day, swing or night shift.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.