Develops and integrates Vehicle communication stacks (Autosar/CAN/EAVB) and related system designs for automotive processors. Assists in the design, development, and modification of PASA products, as well as evaluation of Vehicle communication protocols.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develops, configures, and integrates vehicle communication stacks for automotive products.
- Innovate new features for automotive products in collaboration with advanced engineering, product teams, and cross-divisional technical teams.
- Develops MATLAB-based projects.
- Collaborates with product teams to integrate, validate, debug and release new vehicle communication technologies.
- Develops software on various embedded micro controllers/SoC architectures.
- Configure, Integrate EAVB, Autosar/CAN stacks in to PASA products.
- Author comprehensive technical documentation for Vehicle services features and technologies.
- Analyzes customer and internal requirements and specifications and translate these into software designs. Identify product requirements or performance issues.
- Works with software team leaders to negotiate resolution of issues.
- Communicates with peers inside PASA and its affiliates to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program life cycles.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math); MS Preferred.
- Knowledge of C/C++.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems (schedulers, memory management, driver models, RTOS concepts, etc.)
- Experience with software version control and archiving systems.
- Experience in using software developments tools like compiler, debugger, and IDEs.
- Working knowledge of Micro controllers/SOC.
- Basic technical writing skills.
- Creative, visionary thinking capability.
- Basic understanding of communication protocols: CAN, LIN, I2C, SPI, UART
- Basic understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP, EAVB and other network protocols.
- Having knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Experience in designing Application Programming Interfaces (API’s).
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.