Participates in a development team under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer. Assists in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of software components and systems.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Analyzes requirements, designs, codes/programs, debugs, unit test, and delivers embedded product application firmware and software.
- Uses in-circuit emulators, analyzers, compilers and development tools to debug developed code in the target product hardware (e.g., radios, amplifiers etc.,) for automotive customers.
- Uses software and hardware knowledge to design products for delivery to customers. Designs with micro processors and micro-controllers.
- Reviews and analyzes customer requirements and develops software that meets those requirements. Completes software engineering and product development tasks to successfully deliver automotive, embedded products using full software and product lifecycles.
- Develops embedded software for electrical subsystems. Responsible for delivery of software modules and applications according to compliance with project schedules.
- Creates design documentation and unit test plans. Interfaces with other members of the software team as needed.
- Conducts design and code reviews for own work as well as review work done by others. Recommends and implements improvements to software.
- Writes software design documents, release notes, and root cause analysis reports.
- Plans, develops, and participates in experimentation and tests related to product development. Generates and analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications. Participates in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
- Takes direction from lead software engineers for task prioritization, feature implementation, and defect resolution. Reports weekly the status of the tasks assigned. Follows all software processes.
- Occasionally travels to customer sites to present project status or test in vehicles.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) or a minimum of three (3) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics products.
- Degree only: Directly related college courses required. Software electronic experience in product design & embedded real time software development preferred. Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn necessary skills as the position requires.
- Programming experience in Embedded C required, assembly and C++ desired.
- Embedded software development experience preferred.
- Specific experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.