Panasonic – Associate Software Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America combines Panasonic's unique hardware with its expertise in software development to offer customers high value-added solutions. The DSC provides industrial solutions and also serves as a system integrator to provide services that are developed on shared cloud-based platforms and tailored primarily to North American customers in such fields as public safety, manufacturing, food and retail, logistics, sports & entertainment and theme parks.
Associate Software Engineer will be a key member of the Digital Solutions Center within PSSNA and will be responsible for software development, Ui/UX design, cloud configuration and deployments, integrated UAT testing and internal demos to drive the design & development of solutions for food services vertical (kiosk and locker solutions) within DSC. Associate Software Engineer will work with other software & hardware engineers, architects along with customer interfacing engineers and product owners to develop and support functional software solutions based on functional/non-functional requirements, following agile methodologies, that will create innovative market leading solutions for our target verticals.
Responsible for managing and coordinating product development activities, processes compliance and ensuring delivery of planned software releases of solutions for Food Service vertical. Technical responsibilities include strategic decisions about technologies and implementation of architecture and development processes.
What You’ll Bring:
- Work with team members to plan and execute projects, ensuring that the teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, project plans, and direction to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that they remain on target to meet those timelines.
- Create Development Roadmap for the software product that a) aligns to the Core Technologies / Products Development strategy of the parent company; b) meets the future needs of our customers and c) define solutions for challenges that they may encounter in this ever-evolving industry.
- Understand the domain, the existing software system applications, architecture in various areas and improve the system to be more user-friendly.
- Develop software and help team members to develop and deliver software in accordance with QA process and Agile methodology
- Responsible for end-to-end functional UAT testing of commercially released software to customers and internal business teams and support pilot programs and deployments for testing and validation
- Support customer deployments through AZURE deployments, troubleshooting and technical support to business teams for product installations
- Responsible for review of QA regression test cases from development teams and also final approval reviews of product documentation including user guides, architecture diagrams, installation guide, troubleshooting guides etc.
- Manage 3rd party technical integrations, documentation and certifications based on business requirements
- Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services, and processes.
- Broad understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking skills. Good planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Thorough with careful attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Up to 2 years of experience working through the design, development, release-cycle delivering product to market.
- Experience in Food Service with software development and/ or related software experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of the Product Development life-cycle.
- Strong project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to dive into software and technical issues during design/development stage as well as during troubleshooting of customer issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.