Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do
Provide excellent customer service and technical support to PFSA customer, in performing a variety of highly complex field service work, involving software installations, system modifications/upgrades, troubleshooting, programming, and TAC support, with minimal assistance or supervision, on PFSA software products.
- The ability to lead a software implementation from development of plan to final acceptance.
- Carries out technical assignments to install, modify, and repair software systems at customer sites providing root cause analysis for any problems found with minimal assistance or supervision.
- Assume responsibility for project management, prioritizing equipment and technical issues for immediate corrective actions, communication with pertinent parties, and completing personal and on-site team assignments within time expectations, and without the need for rework.
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting, while working in potentially high pressure circumstances, in achieving 100% problem resolution of repair activity with 24 hours of arrival at customer site.
- Operates and programs machines, understanding all technical aspects and machine parameter functions that affect the use of software functions.
- Work with the development group to resolve bugs and implement software enhancements.
- Provides customers with timely and accurate technical information in a positive and straightforward manner.
- Provide assistance/consultations to customers in site preparation for software installations.
- Ability to trouble shoot complex Network Communication Issues and application software errors (Server & Clients). To determine the root cause of communication errors and write a good technical report.
- Understand ESXI server environment, Redhat/linux operating system, SQL, Windows server.
- Understand use, configuration and installation of network hardware: switches, routes, scanners, and access points.
- Read software debug log and pinpoint areas of concern for problem resolution
- Assist TAC in covering calls from customers and as directed by the Regional Service Manager. Research issues to resolve customer complaints and ensure customer satisfaction and an excellent overall customer experience in doing business with PFSA. Create Service Notifications and other documentation for communication of problem resolution and future use in addressing similar issues.
- Assist Regional Service Manager in identifying opportunities for selling services.
- Effective management and execution of administrative tasks, such as travel arrangements, expense reports, coordination of activities with customers, etc.
- Participate in exhibitions and demonstrations of equipment, at trade shows, PFSA demo room, or at customer sites, aptly informing customers and responding to technical and specification questions and concerns.
- Identify sales opportunities and inform Sales as appropriate.
What You’ll Bring
Education & Experience:
- Degree in networking (IT) or computer science or equivalent vocational school is required.
- Two or more years working with networking or software installation required with two or more years of direct product line experience preferred.
- SMT manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong attention to details, meeting deadlines and commitments required.
- Understand use, configuration and installation of network hardware: switches, routes, scanners, and access points is required.
- Ability to read software debug log and pinpoint areas of concern for problem resolution preferred.
- Ability to travel extensively, often on short notice.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint proficiency required
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
- A high degree of initiative, creativity, and trouble-shooting skills, along with a highly collaborative, detail-oriented, and organizational nature are critical to success, due to the highly complex nature of technical and interpersonal situations encountered in day-to-day activities.,
- Solidly functional capabilities in use of PCs, widely-varied software applications, and general networking and connectivity are required.
- Ability to take any necessary action to ensure objectives are fully achieved, and deadlines and commitments are met.
- Fully proficient in the use of hand tools, meters, gauges, drawings, schematics, diagrams, and jigs to adjust and maintain optimal machine performance and calibration.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with all organizational levels and management, internally and externally, are required and essential to success in this position, and in PFSA activities, in general.
- Capability in effective communication with internal departments (Technical Support, PMO, Sales, Product Teams, Spare Parts, Engineering, Order Processing, Accounting, etc),
- Capable of lifting over 50 pounds (22.7 kg), standing for long periods on factory floors, and maneuvering in factory production environments and confined spaces to execute technical activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (often 95%, or greater), domestically and internationally, often with very short or immediate notice, with flexible work hours, including non-standard business hours, weekends, and occasional holidays, as may be necessary to meet customer project schedules and demands.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.