Participates in a development team under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer. Assist in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of electronic components and systems.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develops designs for electrical subsystems for electrical components.
- Supports or confers with Senior and Staff Engineers to prepare and document design modifications as required.
- Supports quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Prepares information as needed in the design documentation process.
- Confirms availability and facilitate acquisition of new components for builds.
- Supports new model releases to factory and current production models.
- Generate and track engineering changes and Bills of Material.
- May plan, develop, and participate in experimentation and tests related to product development.
- May generate and analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Participate in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
- Supports in the development of test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) or a minimum of three (3) years of electric design experience in electronic products.
- Must be able to determine component requirements appropriate to product.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.