Panasonic Connect - Associate Director, Product Development
At Panasonic Connect, we connect the power of people and technology to change work, advance society and help connect to tomorrow. Empathy, results, relentlessness and teamwork are the foundations of the Panasonic Connect Culture. Our mission is to elevate the employee experience by empowering individuals to use their voice and have a positive impact on our business. As part of our team, you will push boundaries, take action, and face challenges alongside our customers to innovate experiences that define the changing world of work.
Watch this video to see how we connect talent to opportunity, work to tomorrow and solutions to purpose. Come join our journey!
What You Get to Do:
- Work with team leads to plan and execute projects, ensuring that the teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, project plans, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that they remain on target to meet those timelines.
- Monitor, track and report the status of all the projects of various teams, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that project scope is adequately defined.
- Manage the Quality Assurance team by providing guidance for implementation of quality improvement processes to ensure coverage of all scenarios and ensuring delivery of the product with high quality.
- Understand the domain, the existing software system applications, architecture in various areas and improve the system to be more user-friendly
- Serve as the technical lead for all discussions with customers as well as with other R&D teams within and outside the organization.
- Manage customer Beta Installations and Deployments, working in conjunction with Support division of the Organization. Also manage Key & Strategic customer installs directly or in conjunction with Support, including onsite troubleshooting if required, in order to ensure a successful deployment and rollout.
- Responsible for the software development budget of the organization, including costs, purchases and expense approvals, ensuring the funding of all activities are planned, tracked and managed thru the end of each Financial Year.
- Create Roadmap for the product that a. aligns to the Equipment Development strategy of the parent company; b. meets the future needs of our customers and c. define solutions for challenges that they may encounter in this ever-evolving industry. Also responsible for managing the Product Information Team that supports periodical Versions and major Releases
- Work as mentor within the organization, help staff resolve problems both technical as well as human resources related, tracking and approving vacation and personal days for employees within the team and monitoring individual employees’ performance and taking corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Identify new areas of growth in other domains and related industries and explore opportunities for synergy by leveraging existing software architecture in fulfilling the needs for automation of that industry domain.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of management or leadership experience in a Product development organization required.
- Candidate must have at least 4 years of proven experience working through the design, development, release-cycle delivering product to market.
- Experience in Manufacturing environment with software development and or related software experience a strong plus.
- Candidate should have large enterprise application development experience
- Strong understanding of the Product Development life-cycle.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Experience in software development using Linux or C++, Microsoft .Net and other web application frameworks.
- Candidate should be able to manage, evaluate, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills in engaging global cross-functional technical teams as well as building and developing offshore and onsite development teams.
- A proven record for successful delivery of software systems in a similar role.
- Ability and willingness to dive into software and technical issues during design and development stage as well as during troubleshooting of customer issues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong product and program management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Knowledge of current and emerging software products, services, and processes.
- Broad understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking skills. Good planning, organizing, decision-making and problem- solving skills. Thorough with careful attention to detail
- Travel is required 25 percent
What We Offer:
- High Performance Culture
- A focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Rewards and Recognition
- Learning & Development Opportunities Across Multiple Business Units
- Competitive compensation packages
- Hybrid work model
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Volunteer time off
- Total Well Being Program
- Employee Referral Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.