Panasonic –Associate DevOps Engineer
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Build, test, and ship new infrastructure in support of product development
- Continuously improve infrastructure provisioning automation, CI/CD pipelines, and operational excellence in the cloud
- Collaborate with Development to improve services availability, resiliency, and elasticity through monitoring, alerting, and self-healing systems design
- Improve auditability, config management, and network architecture
- Code reviews, architecture walk throughs, and cross functional team knowledge transfer
- Process ceremonies, such as agile ceremonies, planning meetings, and team meetings
- Improve existing Infrastructure, via Git Pull Requests with peer review
- Support and advise other coworkers to continually improve processes company-wide
Participate in an on-call rotation for critical outages and issues. Our rotation includes all developers shipping code to production -- not just Ops -- and we believe this is essential for product success
Work with engineers, designers, product managers, and senior leadership in an Agile environment to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible solution every quarter
Stay up to date on new AWS services and features, DevOps best practices, and industry news via AWS Blogs, YC/HN, Twitter, Slack, local Meetups, etc, and share these findings with the greater team
- Familiarity with Linux and associated tools/languages, building and running systems for high availability Internet-facing services, with understanding of how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform, and scale
- Knowledge of development of systems management and administration automation in Python, Ruby, or Bash/Shell
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services, knowledge of at least 5 AWS primitives is preferred
- IaC tooling experience, including Terraform experienced preferred
- Motivation to strive for continuous improvement of products and processes
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
The salary for this position is expected to start at $83,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.