Panasonic - Associate Applications Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
The engineer’s responsibilities will cover pre sales support, post sales support and solutions products development. The individual must be able to work both as part of a team and as an individual. The engineer will be responsible for completing their tasks and successfully closing their projects
Provide engineering expertise in design and operation of machines and related equipment and the software suite of PanaCIM & DGS. May work closely with other engineering disciplines to increase machine quality, efficiency and volume. Can be called upon to support sales and service activities for pre and post sales activities including installations, presentations, trouble shooting and machine optimization.
Activities include technical writing for industry trade journals and conferences, technical presentations at customer technical review meetings, machine evaluations involving on-site support, component evaluations and testing, interface and providing feedback to the PFSC design and CS organization for Japan and other engineering support activities.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining expertise in the Panasonic electronic assembly equipment, process, solutions and software systems.
- Performing engineering research, engineering design and development of experimental methods for various technologies. It is required to develop the skills necessary to become the internally recognized technical leader and/or expert in the Panasonic systems above.
- Technical knowledge includes the entire assembly process including wave soldering, reflow soldering, selective soldering, board handling and transport, automatic optical inspection and component mounting.
- Extensive use of experimental design is required. Mechanical design including nozzle and various mechanical assembly techniques required.
- Provides electrical and mechanical design to adapt machines to meet customer requirements
- Support and programming of our PanaCIM software package.
Sales and Service Support:
- Supports sales force in developing and maintaining account relationships with technical knowledge.
- Provides technical training to sales and service individuals.
- Supports product installations in certain applications and will be called upon to trouble shoot machine issues with service personnel.
- Can be utilized for sales presentations to support technical processes inherent with specific machines.
- Analyzes equipment specifications to ensure products meet industry safety and electrical standards.
- Provide pre-sales support by giving demonstrations of the equipment, providing throughputs analysis for products, making presentations and trade shows support.
- Provide post sales support by going to customer sites and providing startup support, programming and debugging products, customer process improvement, designing/implementing custom applications, and training.
- May represent Panasonic in various industry and trade associations including technical papers, trade journal articles and university relations.
- Participates in studies on product reliability and breaking new technologies.
What You'll Bring:Education & Experience:
- Degree required/preferred
- BS degree in Engineering or higher in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, etc…
- Some design experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of CAE systems such as Solidworks, PRO E or other 3D modeling software is preferred but not required.
- Programming experience using Visual Studio 2008 preferred.
- MS Office suite working knowledge required.
- Preference for advanced skills in MS Excel including VBA and macro development and usage, but not required.
- Statistical analysis part of daily activities. Such as process capability, probability, DOE, TOC, etc…
- Strong PC and appropriate software skills required.
- Travel, up to 25 percent both domestic and international, will be required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.