Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
You will be an integral member of the Production Management team, a key player in ramp up and in sustaining our manufacturing activities. You will own management of assigned production line/s adding your leadership support to all facets of production, thus ensuring production goals are continually met. You will use various processes and methods to transform raw materials, components, and parts into finished Lithium Ion batteries; you will own responsibility for implementing production manufacturing strategy and strategic operational goals, thereby exceeding customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery; additionally, you will efficiently maximize and optimize production levels while driving operational excellence. You will also work closely with internal and external key stakeholders regarding technical support for activities and strive for best-in-class products and business practices. By providing clear leadership and vision, you should inspire, motivate and mentor staff to achieve excellence, and to develop new skills, which is an integral aspect of growing our PENA team. Must be able to drive Key Performance Indicators across assigned Manufacturing Operations and ensure all projects are delivered with the highest quality standards, while maintaining budgetary guidelines and strict deadlines.
- Manage functional production teams to meet manufacturing KPI’s.
- Empower, develop, and reward individuals and teams for performance and growth.
- Ensure that company resources are utilized to sustain safe manufacturing and distribution excellence.
- Manage ongoing improvements in production efficiency, implementing Lean principles, and demonstrated proficiency in implementation.
- Coordinate and interact with internal cross-functional teams to fulfill Customer and Company goals.
- Attend Management meetings and provide detailed input on status of production goals
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s 7 core principles
- BS in Engineering or Business or equivalent manufacturing management experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a high speed/high volume manufacturing setting.
- Lean, 6 Sigma, continuous process improvement experience
- ERP transactional experience
- 5S experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
Walking, climbing stairs, lifting, pushing, pulling, sitting, writing, typing, crouching, kneeling, and standing. Minimum lifting of 50 pounds. Must wear a Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Safety Vest, Steel Toe or Composite Toe Shoes or Boots.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.