Shift: Night Shift
The Assistant Production Manager is a key player in ramp up and in sustaining our manufacturing activities.
The Manager is the owner of the management of assigned production line(s), adding leadership support to all facets of production and ensuring production goals are continually met. The Manager will use various processes and methods to transform raw materials, components, and parts into finished Lithium Ion batteries. Additionally, the Manager will own responsibility for implementing production manufacturing strategy and strategic operational goals, thereby exceeding customer expectations for product quality, cost, and delivery. Furthermore, the Manager will efficiently maximize and optimize production levels while driving operational excellence. The Manager works closely with internal and external key stakeholders about technical support for activities and strive for best-in-class products and business practices. By providing clear leadership and vision, the Manager should inspire, motivate, and mentor staff to achieve excellence, and to develop new skills, which is an integral aspect of growing our PENA team. Must be able to drive Key Performance Indicators across assigned Manufacturing Operations and ensure all projects are delivered with the highest quality standards, while maintaining budgetary guidelines and strict deadlines.
- Manage functional production teams to meet manufacturing KPI’s
- Empower, develop, and reward individuals and teams for performance and growth
- Ensure that company resources are utilized to sustain safe manufacturing and distribution excellence
- Manage ongoing improvements in production efficiency, implementing Lean principles, and demonstrated proficiency in implementation
- Coordinate and interact with internal cross-functional teams to fulfill customer and company goals
- Attend Management meetings and provide detailed input on status of production goals
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent manufacturing management experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a high speed/high volume manufacturing setting
- Lean Six Sigma and continuous process improvement experience
- ERP transactional experience
- 5S experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 40%
- Stand: 30%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.