Assistant Production Manager (Day Shift)
Shift: Day Shift
The Assistant Production Manager is an integral member of the Production Management Team and will support the production activities for the Electrode Department. The individual is a key player in assisting with managing various production activities (e.g., assembly material forming/shaping, processing, and treating) including: planning, directing, and monitoring production to meet established specifications, schedules, volume/cost/wastage targets, and quality standards. The Manager is responsible for all assigned production line(s) while adding leadership support to all facets of production to ensure the organization’s production goals are met. Such person will work closely with internal and external key stakeholders focusing on technical support for activities and strive for best-in-class products and business practices. By providing clear leadership and vision, guidance and direction is to inspire, motivate, and mentor staff to achieve excellence and to develop new skills amongst staff while growing the team(s) at Panasonic. Must be able to drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) across the production operations and ensure all projects are delivered with the highest quality standards, while maintaining budgetary guidelines and strict deadlines.
- Manage functional production teams to meet manufacturing KPI’s
- Empower, develop, and reward individuals and teams for performance and growth
- Ensure that company resources are utilized to sustain safe manufacturing and distribution excellence
- Manage ongoing improvements in production efficiency, implementing Lean principles, and demonstrated proficiency in implementation
- Coordinate and interact with internal cross-functional teams to fulfill customer and company goals
- Attend Management meetings and provide detailed input on status of production goals
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent required
- 3+ years of managing high number of direct reports in a high speed/high volume manufacturing setting
- Lean Six Sigma and continuous process improvement experience
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
- 5s (sort, set in order, shine, standardized, sustain) experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 25%
- Walk: 25%
- Stand: 25%
- Lift: 25%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.