Assistant Maintenance Manager
The Assistant Maintenance Manager will be an integral member of the Production Management team, a key player in ramp up and in sustaining our manufacturing activities. The Manager will own management of assigned production line(s), adding leadership support to all facets of production, thus ensuring production goals are continually met.
- Manage functional production teams to meet manufacturing KPI’s
- Empower, develop, and reward individuals and teams for performance and growth
- Ensure that company resources are utilized to sustain safe manufacturing and distribution excellence
- Manage ongoing improvements in production efficiency, implementing Lean principles, and demonstrated proficiency in implementation
- Coordinate and interact with internal cross-functional teams to fulfill customer and company goals
- Attend management meetings and provide detailed input on status of production goals
- Previous experience in a world-class Maintenance organization with exposure to best practices in Preventative Maintenance as well as Predictive Maintenance
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent
- Maintenance management experience at a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing management role
- 3+ years’ experience in a high speed or high-volume manufacturing setting
- Lean Six Sigma, continuous process improvement experience
- Computer skills equivalent to warehouse management systems, ERP (SAP or Oracle) experience and MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with 6S methodology
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Scalable direct supervisory experience, able to manage upwards of 100+ employees
- Effectively communicate and interact in a manner that is professional and clear to all levels of fellow team members, customers, and other parties
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, implementation of process improvements
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Inventory control management experience
- Prior experience with multiple CMMS programs
- Weekly/monthly scheduling and headcount plan background
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.