Panasonic – Assistant Accounting Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Manages the planning and direction of accounting activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements. Oversees the efficient operation and cost-effectiveness of operating systems and programs. Provides guidance and leadership to staff accountants. Participates in departmental projects.
Financial Data Management:
- Resolve daily operational concerning accounting treatment of financial transaction.
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation within a cost efficient operation.
- Review appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Manage the accumulation of all financial data necessary for accurate accounting results
- Under Controller’s guidance and direction, engage in the entire closing process that includes but is not limited to: revenue and expense recognition in accordance with GAAP, accruals including variable selling expenses and operating reserves, inter-company settlements, and financial package preparation.
Controls & Compliance:
- Insures full compliance with Panasonic Corporation, Procurement Company and PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Insures protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience
- Serve as a liaison to external and internal auditors under Controller’s guidance and direction
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Monitor and provide guidance of internal controls
- Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes under Controller’s guidance and direction
- Examine financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy and conformance with uniform accounting regulations, classifications or other specific accounting requirements
- Within the limits of delegated responsibility, approve certain transactions
- Review and interpret accounting policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other members of the affiliates and within the company to ensure timely delivery of high quality business support and development of a required infrastructure - business process design, documentation, system design, policy and procedure
- Perform account analysis such as, but not limited to: balance sheet, general expense, department expense, tax, and other specified accounts as directed
- Reconcile actual to budget unexpected variances in Balance Sheet and P&L items as directed
- Perform ad hoc cash flow projection and analysis
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement, and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis as directed
- Identify management information needs, develop non-standard reports and statements when requested
- Research authoritative literature for proper treatment of accounting topics
Budgeting & Reporting:
- Collect and review all applicable components of financial statements
- Coordinate and prepare internal and consolidated financial statements as directed
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements as directed
- Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Coordinate and assist Controller the budget process
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of: annual business plan, mid-term plan, forecasts, monthly management and flash reports as directed
- Supervise accounting staff, including performance reviews, etc.
- Provide work leadership supervision, training and project management support, as required
- Coordinate all accounting operational functions ensuring that all activities are completed accurately in a timely fashion
- Hire, train and retain competent accounting staff under management’s guidance and direction
- Identify, develop, and monitor initiatives to meet performance targets
- Assist Department staff of Procurement in PPA with day-to-day operating, while supporting the Business Partners
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting; 8 years of diversified and progressive accounting experience, CPA license or certification or MS in Accountancy or MBA preferred. Great Plains or other ERP, Advanced excel skill along with other MS office.
- Business alignment, financial planning & process management skills required
- Competencies: Key desired behaviors; e.g., problem solving, innovation, collaboration, etc.
- Able to initiate & quickly react to needed business changes
- Provide coaching & uses problem solving skills
- Communications: Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.