Skilled Machine Operator
Do you want to join a team that's changing the world? Do you have a strong background? Then we're looking for you. Put your skills to meaningful use, gain unique experience, and work with world-class team members with diverse backgrounds and expertise who share the same mission. Join the PENA team today.
- M1-M3 skilled experience in one or more process in the battery manufacturing process.
- Understands fully and always works in compliance with SOP and safety standards
- Demonstrated capabilities in equipment and system maintenance.
- Demonstrated trainer training knowledge.
- Role models & guides others to correctly and effectively perform to SOPs.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to other people, their learning styles and their diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work with others at all levels in organization to achieve training goals & solve problems.
- Facilities learning, collaboration and interactions between employees, shift leads and supervisory personnel that lead to productive and positive outcomes.
- Maintains composure under pressure and in learning of the trainee.
- Well organized and to organize and energize others.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred Education
- Basic: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required.
- Preferred: AA/AS degree in technical writing, engineering, draft, or related field desired.
- 3 years pertinent experience.
- Must be certified in Train the Trainer Program
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Must be certified in Train the Trainer Program
- Able to analyze data
- Strong knowledge of soft skills affecting the overall functioning of training
- Excellent evaluative assessment and training skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal abilities
- Must be able to operate all quality equipment related to mixing, coating, pressing, slitting, and SB.
- Must be able to motivate team members, and work in a high performing team environment. Will need to counsel and deliver performance appraisals to operators.
- Must have a safety conscientious attitude.
- In the absence of a supervisor, must be able to make safe, business minded, conscientious decisions when issues arise.
- Must be able to pass a forklift, electric pallet jack and manual pallet jack certification.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to:
Tools and/or Equipment:
Office Equipment (Fax, copier, 10-key
Required Lifting and Carrying:
Weight to be manually lifted each normal workday. (Occasional 1 - 33%, Frequent 34 - 66%, Continuous 67 - 100%)
Up to 10 lbs
Up to 20 lbs
Up to 35 lbs
Team-Lift Only (over 35 lbs)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.