Manufacturing Technician I
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.Job Purpose
The Manufacturing Technician I maintains the production machinery in proper operating order through preventative maintenance and has demonstrated knowledge up to 10% of SOPs within a specific manufacturing process. This role will be exposed to troubleshooting, repair, and improvement activities. Will also be required to perform the functions of an operator.Primary Role and Responsibilities
Follows all company and departmental policies and procedures. Must be able to maintain active communication with management and other employees about all job-related concerns and informs the Lead/Supervisor when problems occur. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Performs basic preventative maintenance procedures:
- Checks settings, gauge readings, sensors, etc. regularly in-order to keep machines operating at proper specifications.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines according to documented requirements.
- Makes continuing visual and audible observations of the machines in order to detect any abnormalities.
- Tightens bolts and inspects belts and chains for wear and tear for proper tensions.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities such as periodic cleaning and lubrication of machines, change oil and swap out parts.
Restores machines to correct operating function:
- Makes the needed mechanical and pneumatic adjustments.
- Ability to recover all error codes
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Report faulty operations and defective material to proper supervision.
- Supports modifications to the machines and overall process in-order to help increase the efficiency and production of the department.
- Partners with operators on how to complete cleaning tasks, minor repairs and adjustments to the machines.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all work done on the equipment and machines.
High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) and two years technical training or two years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
Production or manufacturing experience preferredMathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers. common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as speak effectively with vendors or employees of organization.Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit
Employee must be able to work 12 hour shifts and is required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to: hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions and must be able to work in clean room environment. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required to be worn while in the Production areas.Supplemental Information
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.