Responsible for the coordination and supervision of employees in a recognized production or manufacturing unit.
- Maintain production schedules and quality of work to a limited extent.
- Review work orders, production specifications, technical instructions, facility requirements, tool requisition, equipment, and supplies for section.
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, recognition/disciplinary actions, upgrading, and transfer.
- Responsibilities typically encompass one shift and only one area of the plant.
- Review and compile operations records, such as yield, scrap, and maintenance costs.
- Exclude experimental, maintenance, and tool room supervisors and lead operators.
- High school education or equivalent and one to two years of related experience, including supervision.